Advice Request Help with Firefox

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Christan

Thread author
There's seems to be an issue with Firefox when displaying messages. I'm not exactly sure what you would call this issue, it doesn't just happen in my e-mail, it happens on other websites too that have some sort of formatting. The text is too small and narrow to read, I refreshed Firefox but it didn't work, all my extensions and plug-ins are up-to-date. I supplied an image from my e-mail showing what it looks like.

image1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Christan

Thread author
@Klipsh, I'm sorry but I believe you've misinterpreted what I'm asking for, I'm not sure where you got the notion that I needed help with malware removal. The image I uploaded was not an advertisement, it was an official e-mail from the YouVersion Bible App and I wanted to know why Firefox is not displaying text correctly on these types of e-mails when they are not plain text, perhaps I could have been more clear on my part.

Reactions: frogboy
L

LabZero

Thread author
@Klipsh, I'm sorry but I believe you've misinterpreted what I'm asking for, I'm not sure where you got the notion that I needed help with malware removal. The image I uploaded was not an advertisement, it was an official e-mail from the YouVersion Bible App and I wanted to know why Firefox is not displaying text correctly on these types of e-mails when they are not plain text, perhaps I could have been more clear on my part.
Oh, sorry, yes I misunderstood (maybe I am overly focused on malware:D lol).
About your problem, you can first delete the Firefox cache using Ccleaner or manually and then try to follow these steps:
Menu/Options/Content/Fonts and Colors/Advanced.
Change the Minimum Font Size by selecting No.

Reactions: frogboy

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
There's seems to be an issue with Firefox when displaying messages. I'm not exactly sure what you would call this issue, it doesn't just happen in my e-mail, it happens on other websites too that have some sort of formatting. The text is too small and narrow to read, I refreshed Firefox but it didn't work, all my extensions and plug-ins are up-to-date. I supplied an image from my e-mail showing what it looks like.

View attachment 74502
Have you tried to run Firefox in safe mode.. this might be caused by an extension Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help ?
Which extensions are you using?
Can you give us a link to a website in which you see this type of "blurry" text..

Last edited:
C

Christan

Thread author
@Jack I've ran it in safe mode and it still looks the same and I also just reinstalled it. I'm using Adblock Plus, Ghostery and LastPass as my extensions, and just recently I've noticed the blurry text doesn't just happen in Firefox, it also happens in Internet Explorer. I can go on productforums.google.com and it will still look just as I've described. I have no idea what is going on here, I'm beginning to think it could be my display driver(s), I left them in their original state when I did a factory restore last year via Dell's software. I figured, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

I'm a little apprehensive when it comes to updating drivers, I'm not sure how to go about it.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 346
I

illumination

Thread author
@Jack I've ran it in safe mode and it still looks the same and I also just reinstalled it. I'm using Adblock Plus, Ghostery and LastPass as my extensions, and just recently I've noticed the blurry text doesn't just happen in Firefox, it also happens in Internet Explorer. I can go on productforums.google.com and it will still look just as I've described. I have no idea what is going on here, I'm beginning to think it could be my display driver(s), I left them in their original state when I did a factory restore last year via Dell's software. I figured, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

I'm a little apprehensive when it comes to updating drivers, I'm not sure how to go about it.
An out of date/older driver could definitely be the issue here. What are you running, AMD or Nvidia.. Now days upgrading GPU "Graphic Drivers" is pretty much automated, very easy to do, cleanly installing them can be slightly more difficult, but not by much.

C

Christan

Thread author
Well according to Device Manager under display adapters I have two, one is NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M and Intel HD Graphics Family.

I

illumination

Thread author
Well according to Device Manager under display adapters I have two, one is NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M and Intel HD Graphics Family.
Windows 7 64 bit correct? At least from your earlier post it is what i derived..

This is the latest driver for Your Nvidia GT 525M "358.50"

Drivers | GeForce

Do you have Gefore Experience installed, if so you can just open it and click driver and click update, it will automate the process for you, if not you can download from this link i presented, and just run the "Express install and it will do it for you, or you can click custom and do a clean install. To do the clean install, click custom, then tick perform a clean installation like in this example:

29XsKUX.png

Note: that in choosing custom, i placed the example here if you do not have the other components installed and wish to only update the graphics driver. If you do have all of the other components installed it is best to leave them all ticked even when performing a clean installation. The whole process is automated other then choosing which way you wish to install it, once you click next, then run, it will do the rest.

C

Christan

Thread author
I updated NVIDIA but it still doesn't look ideal. :( I checked once more but it still looks the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.