Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Great find Brain. Other forums I have been a mod of really need to look at these guides.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
With Trolls, i do like Legolas : Arrow in the throat :D

more seriously, 3 warnings then out

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Excellent post Brian :) Every article brings strong points and helpful guides and really should be read by all members.Due to the nature of forums and that all most all correspondence is done by way of text it is a tough job and many things get taken out of context.You have members from all nationalities,race,age,religion,economic background and maturity.It is a hard job to please all members and requires a lot of your free time.The job requires the use of "kid gloves" rather than a "iron fist".Administrators put their trust in a moderator to promote harmony and membership.I have seen many a Moderator drive members away and the members that do leave are usually the valuable members.Some will take a moderation position and be available to all members and most importantly approachable to all members and others will take the position and flex their muscle.

Nevertheless this is a great read for all members up to and including Administrators

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Some of these articles I have read in the past..but some of them are new .... No matter how much I read these kind of guides, one thing is sure; I really don't like to moderate threads....
We have some awesome members and usually their is no need for moderation......and I hope it stays this way:p

Most common type of mistakes that I see are : spelling mistakes and misplaced threads,and I usually like to solve them without alerting the user.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Misplaced threads are fine,but spelling mistakes could be as a result of using different a dictionary although most of the words might be spelled in the same way.
I use the Oxford Dictionary and British English, so for me its Colour not Color :p

But this forum is awesome and I hope you continue to help people with their infections and not close that thread.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Jack said:
Some of these articles I have read in the past..but some of them are new .... No matter how much I read these kind of guides, one thing is sure; I really don't like to moderate threads....
We have some awesome members and usually their is no need for moderation......and I hope it stays this way:p

Most common type of mistakes that I see are : spelling mistakes and misplaced threads,and I usually like to solve them without alerting the user.
True,I am a retired mod of Bleepingcomputers.com,and I did not shoot my gun till it was a medium problem (For me : Low = Wrong category,grammar mistakes like 'rde' instead of 'Red',going off-topic (I used to PM the user and alert them,but not touch their warning-bar till 4 times),bumping topics (thought I locked the topics down right after they posted it)
Medium = Abuse other Mods,spam,swear etc.

High : (two times high for me then ban) : Abuse other community member with forum and moderators,flame-war,childish behavior,PM attack users and even moderators for no reason (though it is really rare in forums)/Simply trolling ) That is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.