I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome,Mozilla Firefox,uBlock Origin
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
H

Herofday

Thread author
Hey even though Windows Defender is getting better I recommend something like Avast Free and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. Maybe replace Hitmanpro with Zemana as it uses Hitman's engines plus a few others.
I think to leave both HitmanPro and Zemana On-demand.I will install Zemana soon.Thanks for your suggestion,I appreciate that :D

H

Herofday

Thread author
Added: A strong login password and installed Zemana Anti-Malware Free for On-Demand Scan.I'm actually trying Keepass,but I'm not sure to add it. :p

Reactions: silversurfer
H

Herofday

Thread author
Please edit your config to reflect any changes made to your config.Thanks
Sorry for the trouble,could you explain how?.I see the post "How to update your security config without creating a new thread!" I can't find the "Thread Tools" option.Sorry again for the inconvenience :oops:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Sorry for the trouble,could you explain how?.I see the post "How to update your security config without creating a new thread!" I can't find the "Thread Tools" option.Sorry again for the inconvenience :oops:
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.03.05_08h05m59s_001_.png

H

Herofday

Thread author
If you like Google Chrome, give an opportunity to SlimJet. It is a Chrome-based browser but faster. You have a 64-bit version (recommended for computers with 8 Gb RAM or more). You also have a portable version.
I also would recommend the extensions HTTPS everywhere and lastpass. Lastpass for Chrome Lastpass for firefox
I am currently trying SlimJet , I'll let you know if I'll like it . As for LastPass I abandoned it after the discovery of various security flaws , although I know that no software is safe ,anyway I made this decision without regret

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.