Heuristics - Mean

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
MrExplorer said:
Ok, Comodo Internet Security is too Good but i thing lack of Features.

seriously?!

AV + FW + BB + HIPS + Cloud + Kiosk + Full Sandbox + File Rating + Killswitch + Autorun + CCE...? not enough features for you :D
Not enough for me. :D
No seriously as said above CIS uses CAMAS for all the new unknown binaries and if detected as suspicious signature is generated in next signature ...
http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/updates/vdp/database.php
But CAV seriously has A BIG LACK of generic signs .... Nothing detected on 0days, only detected after sandboxed, (as Cloud.Behavior).

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
By using a secured DNS or a patched Hosts file you avoid the need of a Web Filter.

You don't need a web filter even if you don't use either of these techniques. With an on-demand scanner, a web filter is redundant.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
HeffeD said:
Umbra Corp. said:
By using a secured DNS or a patched Hosts file you avoid the need of a Web Filter.

You don't need a web filter even if you don't use either of these techniques. With an on-demand scanner, a web filter is redundant.

Comodo DNS is too good as from the past time but Comodo DNS is not good in my Country.(Slow Down the Internet)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
MrExplorer said:
HeffeD said:
Umbra Corp. said:

Comodo DNS is too good as from the past time but Comodo DNS is not good in my Country.(Slow Down the Internet)

I have always preferred to use HostsMan with MVPS host file blocklist, you have better control and it doesn't slow down web browsing.

In my area my default DNS is much faster than all of the third-party DNS services. Most third-party DNS services have false positives that blocks good sites, they are too aggressive and so are most url blockers.

Thanks.:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.