Hi from Panda

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbust

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 4, 2012
Hi there.

New to the forum. I'm an employee of Panda Security and, among many other things, the mod of the Panda Cloud Antivirus Support Forum at www.cloudantivirus.com/forum

Looking forward to help out with any Panda-related issues.

pbust

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 4, 2012
InternetChicken said:
Hi and welcome pbust
your link is
Error 404--Not Found
Fixed it. As it was between brackets the link added ")." to the end of the URL.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Welcome, glad to have you here :D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello pbust,
It's nice to have you here! I'm waiting to see what's your opinion on the Panda software and more importantly on the other security products available on the market! :)
Again welcome and please feel like at home here!

pbust

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 4, 2012
Jack said:
Hello pbust,
It's nice to have you here! I'm waiting to see what's your opinion on the Panda software and on the other security products available on the market! :)
Again welcome and please feel like at home here!
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Re: my opinion on security products I'm obviously biased towards my employer Panda. But in general my opinion is that a security product needs to be easy to use, for dummies. Otherwise it will not benefit the large majority of mom and pop users out there. But at the same time I believe we are losing the battle against malware. We need new technologies against exploits which are not based on blacklisting. There are some good ones out there (whitelisting, sandboxing, HIPS, etc.) but they are not very user friendly.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Hi pbust welcome to MT
Looking forward to your security configuration, i am sure u r not just using Panda :p or r u ;)

pbust

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 4, 2012
Firefox + Adblock + Panda URL Filter + (something secret)
Windows FW
No AV, no HIPS, no anti-exe, no white-listing.

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Good to see you here, Pedro.

pbust said:
Firefox + Adblock + Panda URL Filter + (something secret)
I think the correction should be "some secrets". You had a whole list of things. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.