Hi only a sugestion

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i see your promo s and giveaways i think are wonderful but for me is dificult to enter, i dont use any, any social network and is dificult twitt and retwitt . Do you think any way to participate for antisocials? like reviews or test or experiences?

Reactions: Ink

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Hi i see your promo s and giveaways i think are wonderful but for me is dificult to enter, i dont use any, any social network and is dificult twitt and retwitt . Do you think any way to participate for antisocials? like reviews or test or experiences?
Hello, some of the giveaways are arranged with vendors in that way that you would need to share a giveaway on social media in order to participate. Sharing the giveaway, if asked, is mandatory.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You can make a Twitter account very easily and use it for giveaways.
The social media share links are important not only to MT but also to the vendors who provide the licenses.
If we were to remove this requirement we would be hard pressed to provide these excellent programs to the membership.
There are not many sites that offer quality software from quality vendors with the amount of licenses and frequency in which we offer them here at MT.
If we were to allow another way to enter without social media shares then the quality and frequency of the giveaways would suffer.
Thanks for the suggestion :)

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
They are not asking a lot, and the reward often is a free year of service.
considering they ask so little, is it fair that you can't meet their requirements ?
I would say no, it's not. ;)
Like Exterminator says, creating a Twitter acct. is simple as pie. Tweeting the giveaway and copying the link takes under 30sec, none of which is very complicated.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Hello, some of the giveaways are arranged with vendors in that way that you would need to share a giveaway on social media in order to participate. Sharing the giveaway, if asked, is mandatory.

You are right. All vendors want the users to share a giveaway on a social media. I encounter the same problem when I try to run any Giveaway. I know that our users won't do it except for some. The giveaways with such conditions will finish with failure. But I always try to find a way how to escape this. Instead of sharing on social media I offer another condition :) Finally we always come to agreement

Reactions: SCORPION

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Sharing through social media is what pays for the giveaways. You are marketing their product to people you already know, in turn have a better chance in purchasing said product for themselves based on your recommendation/promotion of it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.