Advice Request Hitmanpro.Alert after anniversary update

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is Hitmanpro.Alert working after the anniversary update?

• Yes

• No

• I don't use this software

• I didn't install the update yet

• I don't use Windows 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
After Windows 10's anniversary update, the OS will give a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bsod after every boot. Specifically, it would appear before the login screen loads.

I uninstalled this program in safe mode, and everything was fine again.

I feel like nobody else has this problem. I have emailed Surfright support, and they haven't responded in many days. Of course, experts need to examine the memory dump files to find the root cause, but I just want to know how others are doing with this software.

It's unfortunate that I have 470+ days left in my subscription, yet I can't even use it (don't even mention hmp's license management policies:eek:).

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
H

hjlbx

HitmanPro.Alert works on AU, but it is relative...

HMP.A 3.5 was released too early - and that's all there is to it. Now, with the early release, there are quite a few problems to sort out.

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
It is Microsoft's fault by enforcing a new policy just in 1607. All previous insider builds did not have this enabled so it was impossible for us (or other vendors) to test prior 1607. So a big thanks to MS for messing up the Anniversary Update.

The problem occurs only on systems with SecureBoot enabled and a clean 1607 install.

New builds are available here:
HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread

Reactions: Deleted member 178
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.