Honeypots?

dejl13

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2015
Has anyone here setup a malware or spam honey-pot such as Dionaea? or Honeyd?

Would be interesting to hear your setups and if they work well etc..

Reactions: LabZero
L

LabZero

I want try Kippo on Ubuntu 14 : a honeypot that emulates a vulnerable ssh server whose goal is to engage a striker and record movements. It is an open source tool written in Python and designed to record bruteforce attacks and, especially, the entire shell interaction performed by the attacker.

dejl13

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2015
I want try Kippo on Ubuntu 14 : a honeypot that emulates a vulnerable ssh server whose goal is to engage a striker and record movements. It is an open source tool written in Python and designed to record bruteforce attacks and, especially, the entire shell interaction performed by the attacker.

I've heard of that but personally, I'm more interested in live/spreading "win32" malware samples. As SSH is a more bsd/linux software that doesn't seem likely to give windows samples.. hmm. Have you ever set up a honeypot though?

L

LabZero

I've heard of that but personally, I'm more interested in live/spreading "win32" malware samples. As SSH is a more bsd/linux software that doesn't seem likely to give windows samples.. hmm. Have you ever set up a honeypot though?

No Windows, no.sorry

I was looking for a tutorial for Kippo in Linux with Lamp

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.