How are posts counted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryfon

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2017
I've noticed that sometimes my posts do not count toward what it says on my profile. I was looking forward to getting 100 sometime soon so I can start testing malware samples on my vm o_O

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Hello, some sections are not counting (maybe the new members, or the bar...)
I didn't dig this, because, if you are participating to this nice community, it's easy to gain the 100 posts in one month.

But honnestly, if you are here just for the giveaways or the samples, you have better time to search elsewere... (hybrid analysis, malwr... )

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Hello, some sections are not counting (maybe the new members, or the bar...)
I didn't dig this, because, if you are participating to this nice community, it's easy to gain the 100 posts in one month.

But honnestly, if you are here just for the giveaways or the samples, you have better time to search elsewere... (hybrid analysis, malwr... )
Yep, the Space Bar doesn't count as it's "Off Forum";)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Like @lab34 and @ElectricSheep said, posts in some forums are not counted. As an example, the Space bar forum and New Members Introduction forum are not counted towards the user total posts.
You also must know that we do remove posts that are created for the sole purpose of increasing the total posts count as specified in our forum rules:

• Don't post just to increase your number of posts. Avoid short sentences or single word posts. If you have nothing relevant to say on a certain matter then don't post.
  • Do not bother making posts with only one or two words (e.g., "cool" or LOL) or a smile, or post simply to have the first reply in a thread. Such posts waste everyone's time and will be deleted. Posts saying "I agree", "1", "this", "me too", or the equivalent are also routinely removed, so don't post them. If you aren't interested in a thread, skip the thread; don't post to tell us you aren't interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.