Advice Request How can I make icons bigger in task bar?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
I've got the trivial problem of making the task bar icons bigger without enlarging the other display factors in an HP laptop which is used by a relative who is not an eagle. Obviously in windows 10 and lets add the guy is using a monitor as well.
Making the scaling factor bigger,i.e. from 100 to 110 or 120 does the trick,but also makes other things look larger.
Moreover, I wouldnt like to incur in the warning that 'it might be difficult to go back to previous setting' as depicted by MS.
Carrying the line of the taskbar upward wont change the icons size.
Can anyone give me an idea-if feasible- without altering resolution either?
thanks,
Antig

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
AFAIK, that's almost impossible (to tweak) on Windows 10, you have one built-in option only in settings, disable => "use small taskbar buttons"

The other way would be just using any 3rd-party software like below (even supported on Windows 10)
Changelog:
v5.10 (October 30, 2020)

• Added support for Windows 10 version 20H2 (October 2020 Update, build 19042).
  • Fixed the incompatibility caused by update KB4580364 of Windows 10 version 2004.
  • Fixed the incompatibility caused by update KB4580386 of Windows 10 version 1909.
  • Improved support for UWP apps, now settings such as grouping are applied immediately, no need to restart the apps.
  • Fixed: closing a UWP window could cause the app to re-open.
  • Fixed: if more than one instance of the same UWP app was open, and if grouping was disabled with labels hidden, only the first instance had a visible icon.
  • If dark system theme is used, don't use a custom background to keep the text readable.
  • Changed default installation folder to %LocalAppData%\Programs.

EDIT: In case you like to use this software, just follow guide below:

Works fine here on Windows 10:
tb#1.png tweaked by "Taskbar Tweaker"

default.png
default taskbar icon size on Windows 10

Last edited:

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
Thank you

silversurfer. I had not thought to use a third party program,in spite of having successfully used one for some time to render W10 like Windows7. I have downloaded the portable version and will try to tweak as soon as I can get in touch with the computer of my relative. It being from github gives me the idea it'll be ok.

thanks again and I'll let you know about the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
I installed 7+ Taskbar Tweaker in my computer,but I'm sorry to say I have found countless interesting tweaks and settings,excepting anything which is conducive to enlarging taskbar icons size. I went thru all settings many times ,perhaps I am unable to spot the right thing!
So,alas,I'm still looking for a solution.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I installed 7+ Taskbar Tweaker in my computer,but I'm sorry to say I have found countless interesting tweaks and settings,excepting anything which is conducive to enlarging taskbar icons size. I went thru all settings many times ,perhaps I am unable to spot the right thing!
So,alas,I'm still looking for a solution.

Just in case, you haven't seen before this guide below to setup for more large icons of taskbar:

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
Yes,IT WAS definetely the case......as it sometimes happens to me I avoided the guide and went straight to the program.
Result: loosing time.
It is very simple ,really,and effective,I think ,as it recites, that every Windows 10 user should have it.
Sorry I forced you to a supplementary post,case solved, thanks again
Antig

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.