How do you get classic start menu back to Win8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use none.

I've become accustom to the new Start Screen. Windows 8.1 will be bring the much-needed enhancements to the Start Screen that the end-users require. And hopefully a better experience for all.

What do you use?

landerio

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
Earth said:
I use none.

I've become accustom to the new Start Screen. Windows 8.1 will be bring the much-needed enhancements to the Start Screen that the end-users require. And hopefully a better experience for all.

What do you use?

Actually I just run the preview 8.1 on my virtual machine. So I use none of them too, these three tools are collected from google. My daily computer runs on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I'm using Iobit's Start Menu 8. Does the trick.

Another one to add to the list is http://startisback.com , although I've not tried it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Wow, I didn't know you upgraded to Windows 8.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Earth said:
Wow, I didn't know you upgraded to Windows 8.

Took advantage of the €15 upgrade offer months ago, decided it's time to switch over.

Reactions: Ink

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I use IObit Start Menu 8 on my laptop, it saves a lot of time and work.

With one click I can switch between Desktop and Metro and I don't have to launch into Metro then back to Desktop to access basic navigation. I can launch Metro apps from the Desktop with ease.

Besides of just running Metro Apps, what is Metro good for?

Thanks. :D

landerio

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
Start8 and this one are paid software. That's will be great if they become freeware.

realraydon

Verified
Sep 6, 2013
+1
I also use Start Menu 8 on my pc.

Littlebits said:
I use IObit Start Menu 8 on my laptop, it saves a lot of time and work.

With one click I can switch between Desktop and Metro and I don't have to launch into Metro then back to Desktop to access basic navigation. I can launch Metro apps from the Desktop with ease.

Besides of just running Metro Apps, what is Metro good for?

Thanks. :D

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Adapting to Windows 8 is to forget what is done in windows 7.
Please usual procedures exclude at 7. Forget that there Desktop and Start Menu.
Windows 8 is not the 7 has another dimension graphics and layout. Access to information is personal and direct.

maniac2003

Level 2
Sep 20, 2012
On my Ultrabook I use nothing. It has a touchscreen and I'm getting pretty used to the new style. On my main PC I use StartIsBack because I still find the old menu more versatile than the new interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.