How do you organize your favorite links/browsing

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I create folders and give every folder a clear label; I also put folders inside folders when I need them. I remove the name of the bookmark on the bookmarks tool bar: I only want to see the icon ...a lot of icons.
I remove dead bookmarks every month or so.
I also sync my bookmarks on every device I own.
Most of the time, on my PC, I work with my tool bar.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I used to organize folders and have my most used sites on the shortcut bar...now it’s a mess. My second child was just born and I don’t have the time for order. Just kind of add them. One day I will restore order. For now the baby cries and I come running.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Basically what the others said. Create folders and have my bookmarks sorted alphabetically inside. I would just love if someone wrote a good cross browser bookmark sync. Every single one I tried have problems, including deleting bookmarks instead of adding it to other browsers, for instance.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
The sites that I visit frequently I have them in only icons, the others I have them with the title of the site included.
Same, just favicons to avoid the clutter, the most used are in the middle, temporary sites are with the text and removed later. I am happy, when I do not have that double arrow at then end meaning, that there no additional links, basically nothing to sort out. If I need something, I just google it.

Attachments

• capture_09262019_162847.jpg
    capture_09262019_162847.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 196

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I am a disaster, only the pages I visit the most are in the bar as icons.:)
Same but none. Just infinitabs to organize them all!
Same, just favicons to avoid the clutter, the most used are in the middle, temporary sites are with the text and removed later. I am happy, when I do not have that double arrow at then end meaning, that there no additional links, basically nothing to sort out. If I need something, I just google it.
What browser is that?
And why are there no Speed Dial junkies?

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I use Edge Dev and have bookmarks bar enabled on new tab only. I don't like clutter so I keep all of my bookmarks in Favorites. I like that M$ finally brought the Old Edge feature to Edge Chromium UI, though not the whole fluent design UI. I keep them organized by most used in Favorites drop-down menu with some additional folders included. I don't sync. I import from HTML because I'm old school. (y)

Edits: In italics.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.