how Hitman works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maaster

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
While I was browsing internet for second opinion scanners I found this software has 5 scanners (bitdefender,Dr.web,Ikarus,gdata,emsisoft).....I know about Bitdefender has high detection rates since I have personally tried it...But it has some performance lags...So I thought of trying Hitman Pro since scanning will be done in cloud there by causing no performance lag...

So far ok...but now I have some questions to ask...

1)Hitman pro has these 5 av engines...What is the meaning of this?

2)secondly if one of the AV's for example Bitdefender includes some new malwares in their latest virus definitions.....then,If I run a scan with Hitman pro,will these latest definitions be also included and it will detect new malwares or will it take time for new malwares to detect????

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
HitMan Pro has all of those AV engines because it is a Malware Removal Tool, not a standard antivirus. But it also can be used as a on-demand scanner. It doesn't offer any real-time protection from new infections but will remove any detected existing infections. It is an excellent malware removal tool.

I'm not sure why BitDefender is listed separate when it is included with G Data along with Avast which really counts as two AV engines. Maybe the engine from G Data just uses Avast. BitDefender engine is also included with Emsisoft.

The latest definitions are included with each scan and it should detect new malware. Of coarse it is recommended to also scan with Malwarebytes since it will detect most of the common infections most other scanners miss.

Enjoy!!:D

maaster

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
I am already using ESET and now I am going to try AVIRA....I want it only as a second opinion scanner and not for a real time protection...so what I am asking is "If I scan with Hitman pro will the latest signatures of the mentioned AV's will be included?"

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
1) It scans with 5 different scan engines sop if i malware been missed from one the other might catch it.

2) Every file on your pc is equivalent to a hash string based on a mathematical algorithm and what Hitman does is to upload every file's hash to its online database to check against the original's file hash. If the hash of the dame files don't match then your file is infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.