Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
As the topic said, how many of you have purchased Adguard (windows client version)?

One observation I have to make, despite this being a good software is: At no stage in their website they mention that it is trialware.

Let's have a look at the website. As you can see, no mention of Trialware. So whoever goes to the site, despite seeing the purchase tab, they will not at any stage think that what they are downloading is a trialware...
HXOve1n.png

When installing, if one bothers to read the License Agreement in the first screen, there is a brief mention of Trialware...

Upon installation complete, license tab will come across a shock to every user:
OZOar1B.png

Yep, you just downloaded a piece of trialware of 14 days.

Wish their website would be more informative in regards to what is the user downloading...

Now aside from that, one might ask, is the base price 19.95 USD a valid price for a piece of software in which one can get most of it from other sources?

My own opinion, no and because of the misleading information or lack of it to be more precise, in regards to Trialware on the website, I still refuse to use this software.

Have tested previous versions before but that is about it. Will continue to test every now and again but not for a day to day use I am afraid.

Disclaimer: Above is solely my opinion and I will respect any user who has different opinions regarding how a product is presented in the company's website.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I used the 6 months promotional trial. It's a very good software. But sometimes I was not able to watch video in different sites.

Reactions: Kent

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
Didnt use the full version I use the adguard extension and its enough for me :) and for blocking ads from downloading we can always use MVPs host file ;)

Reactions: tallorder

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
@Inkurax guess you're right, added "Free 14-days" to the download button for now.

Just don't like the idea of two buttons (free trial and purchase). I think that user should first try the software and then decide if he need it or not.
With a big Purchase button on the website there were lots of users who first purchased software and then went straight to support for the refund.

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
I came across AdGuard when IE11 arrived. I was forced to search for an alternative to AdMuncher Pro (long time user) because it wouldn't work on IE11. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have bought either of them, AdMuncher or AdGuard. Don't get me wrong, AdGuard works great on IE11, I have had issues with it on Firefox/spinoffs (website certificate issues) so have had to resort to using the plugin instead. Recently, I was forced to uninstall AdGuard because it was interfering with my VPN login, which baffles me because I log in via a widget, not a browser.

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
Recently, I was forced to uninstall AdGuard because it was interfering with my VPN login, which baffles me because I log in via a widget, not a browser.

Which VPN exactly? Maybe we could fix it.

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Yup, bought! Expires 02/04/16, and is working well on XP, using Chrome or Opera, and doesn't seem to be hindering this antique computer! :)

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I got Adguard on a giveaway, don't remember if it was for 6 months or a year. I quit using it because it was too demanding of CPU Usage on my old single core Dell. If I'm able to, I will use it when I set up a new quad core computer.

Reactions: tallorder

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
@Marin Eres thank you, we'll check it. I'll return with the result soon.
The problem occurs when it comes time for the widget to call Windows (route.exe) to swap my IP for VPN IP.
I thought I had found a solution, but I was unable to add any entries in the HTTPS exclusion window,. There are only options to delete. I was thinking, maybe add the VPN servers in there, see if that'll work... ? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.