How safe is the portable apps??

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
What is the pros and con's in using portable apps? regarding security and performance .

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Security wise? They can be infected too. Although I haven't experienced running an infected one that can bleed infection into the system. In case they appear to be infected, I just delete everything and replace it with a zipped backup.

Performance? Running an app exclusively from a folder from an HDD is faster than one running from a USB drive. Although you can install a portable app on your HDD, the main purpose of portability is that you can carry it with you always.

Here's what on my USB drive

fdss.png.jpg

Korora

Level 2
Verified
Jul 22, 2015
It's safe just as any other software, as long as you apply common knowledge :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
at least they are easy to remove :D

security wise, not worse than installed versions.

Reactions: Kent

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There's really nothing same when a program is been modified or contains viruses, both will run on memory and drop any files without user interaction. ;)

Hence the pros is you don't need to install which save your time and effort.

Reactions: Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.