Guide | How To How-To Lockdown your Facebook : Maximum Privacy and Security

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
View in-detail Guide

http://facecrooks.com/Internet-Safety-Privacy/how-to-lockdown-your-facebook-account-for-maximum-privacy-and-security.html

I

illumination

I just sent this link floating down my wall on Facebook, for all my friends & family to read. FB is just one of those sites, where, we all share a responsibility to secure ourselves not only for us, but for those connected to our pages as well..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Being a responsible users is a must to avoid cybercrimes which primary vector are social networking sites like Facebook.

Number one at all is avoid people who are unknown and came nowhere, you couldn't trust every information posted on profiles so its a extra precautionary measures.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for that, though I needed to disable HTTPS Everywhere to use. Has some interesting stats and tips to increase Privacy, and requires less permissions compared to Norton, Bitdefender and ESET.

Edit: Works with HTTPS Everywhere enabled.

McLovin

Level 78
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Littlebits said:
Install ZoneAlarm Privacy Scan app for Facebook, automatically checks status allows you to easily change your settings.

Thanks.:D

Same with Trend, but it's a built in option to the suite where you can check your Facebook privacy settings.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.