How to place LastPass toolbar beside home icon in IE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
Hi,

I'm using Internet Explorer 10. But LastPass toolbar shows up in menu bar. I like how I can customize LastPass toolbar in Firefox and place it beside home icon, download icon, etc.

How can I place the LastPass toolbar beside home icon, favorites and settings icon in IE?

Best Wishes,
Amit

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Like this (not my image)? Am I right in saying you use Windows XP + IE8?

20130217055438.png

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
I tried to make it into an Icon a couple of years ago, finally gave up and installed S10. Would be interested in knowing how to do that with LastPass, though. As an alternative, you could install SlimBrowser, which has an excellent password manager - it uses the IE10 engine.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Why does LastPass take up a full toolbar line in Internet Explorer?

This is the default toolbar mode in Internet Explorer, but you can change it by going to your LastPass Icon > Preferences and selecting another mode. You can also view the LastPass icon in the Internet Explorer Command Bar by enabling the Command Bar in Internet Explorer. This can be done by going to Internet Explorer > View > Toolbars > Command Bar. Then, by going to the Command Bar > Tools > ToolBars > Customize..., you can customize where the LastPass icon sits within the Command Bar.

Probably this is the solution.

Link

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
Earth said:
Like this (not my image)? Am I right in saying you use Windows XP + IE8?

20130217055438.png

Yes that's how I want it. I'm use Win 7 + IE10

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
DrBeenGolfing said:
I tried to make it into an Icon a couple of years ago, finally gave up and installed S10. Would be interested in knowing how to do that with LastPass, though. As an alternative, you could install SlimBrowser, which has an excellent password manager - it uses the IE10 engine.
Thanks for the suggestion. I love LastPass and don't wanna use anything else. I used to have Firefox. I'm not looking to install another browser. I would get Firefox if I needed to.

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
jamescv7 said:
Why does LastPass take up a full toolbar line in Internet Explorer?

This is the default toolbar mode in Internet Explorer, but you can change it by going to your LastPass Icon > Preferences and selecting another mode. You can also view the LastPass icon in the Internet Explorer Command Bar by enabling the Command Bar in Internet Explorer. This can be done by going to Internet Explorer > View > Toolbars > Command Bar. Then, by going to the Command Bar > Tools > ToolBars > Customize..., you can customize where the LastPass icon sits within the Command Bar.

Probably this is the solution.

Link
Nope. That's not how I want it to be. Changing LastPass into another mode or getting it in command bar is not what I seek. Thanks anyways.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Maybe, right click on the top of the browser and then tick, LastPass Toolbar?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
If you are using Internet Explorer 10, then you have only 3 options:
1. Compact Toolbar (default)
2. Full Toolbar
3. Only Command Bar button

ieoptions.png

You cannot put the LasPass icon, in the URL line because that place was not designed to support the add-ons.
If you chose the "Only Command Toolbar", you'll get something like this:
m4vzcAj.jpg

You have more details here: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/password-manager-basics/your-lastpass-icon/toolbar-modes/

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
McLovin said:
Maybe, right click on the top of the browser and then tick, LastPass Toolbar?
That's already ticked. If I tick again, LastPass add-on will be turned off.

Jack said:
If you are using Internet Explorer 10, then you have only 3 options:
1. Compact Toolbar (default)
2. Full Toolbar
3. Only Command Bar button

ieoptions.png

You cannot put the LasPass icon, in the URL line because that place was not designed to support the add-ons.
If you chose the "Only Command Toolbar", you'll get something like this:
m4vzcAj.jpg

You have more details here: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/password-manager-basics/your-lastpass-icon/toolbar-modes/
Yeah well I guess you're right. Can't do anything about it then. Thanks everybody anyways.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Sticky Password Manager will install their Icon where you want it - it does not install a tool bar. Works just like LastPass, otherwise. Problem is I think you only get 15 saves on the free version. Softpedia sometimes runs a giveaway on the pay version.
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Sticky-Password-FREE-Screenshot-182886.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.