How to recover a corrupted .sdf file (SQL database run on a CE device)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josell

Thread author
Jul 19, 2015
The user could no longer access this file like normal. When I try to look at it using Query Analyzer on a CE device, all I can see is the filename, but I can't view anything about the file, such as the table names--like I can normally do.

I don't get any errors when trying to view the database structure using Query Analyzer, but it just doesn't show anything. However, if I try to a simple query, such as 'select * from tablea;', I get error 0x800004005 E_FAIL, Native Error: (0), Interface defining error: IID_IDBCreateSessaion---whatever all THAT means.

I have found a few places on the internet that say they can fix a .sdf file. But I'm wondering if there is a tool I can download to fix it--at a reasonable price--or some other way I can deal with it myself.

Lucas Dawson

Jul 17, 2017
In order to recover corrupt or damaged SQL Database, you may use SQL Database Recovery tool. This tool allows you to recover all data including tables, views, triggers, default etc.
This tool is recommended by many professionals instead of using manual methods like using DBCC CHECKDB or by rebuilding the database.

This tool recovers the data and lets the use preview the data bed\fore saving. This tool is compatible with all Windows OS including the latest windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.