How to remove ESET Smart Security SSL Certificate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I use ESS. I had SSL scan disabled. I enabled it to try banking. Now I have disabled SSL scan, removed added websites from banking, cleared browser history, checked Chrome & no Eset certs & restarted the system.

Still some bank websites open in Eset browser.

How to remove Eset cert?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Ok, Chrome updated now & prob solved, strange?

But Internet Explorer, prob still there.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I use ESS. I had SSL scan disabled. I enabled it to try banking. Now I have disabled SSL scan, removed added websites from banking, cleared browser history, checked Chrome & no Eset certs & restarted the system.

Still some bank websites open in Eset browser.

How to remove Eset cert?
based on my experience with other AVs, IMO you need to go into the settings of ESET, find the banking section, and delete/remove those sites from the list. the AV doesn't care whether you have a certificate or not, it simply checks against the list of sites that you added to protected banking.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Did you disable the Root Certificate option in Advanced Settings > Web and Email > SSL/TLS?

1. Open your ESET product.
  2. Press F5 to enter Advanced setup.
  3. Click Web and email, expand SSL/TLS, click the slider bar next to Add the root certificate to known browsers and then click OK.
  4. Restart your machine.

12.jpg

You can find a detailed step by step guide here: HTTPS websites fail to load or you receive the error message

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Also, as the question is not very clear, if you want to disable the Banking feature in ESET Smart Security, just go to:

Advanced setup screen (F5) → Web and Email → Banking & Payment protectionTurn off "Integrate into system".
2.jpg

Alternatively, you can add a website or edit the list of websites in the Advanced setup screen (F5) → Web and Email → Banking & Payment protection → Edit.
3.jpg

You can add a website or edit the list of websites in the product configuration screen by clicking Add or Edit, respectively.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
based on my experience with other AVs, IMO you need to go into the settings of ESET, find the banking section, and delete/remove those sites from the list. the AV doesn't care whether you have a certificate or not, it simply checks against the list of sites that you added to protected banking.
I have mentioned in my opening post that removed added websites.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Did you disable the Root Certificate option in Advanced Settings > Web and Email > SSL/TLS?

1. Open your ESET product.
  2. Press F5 to enter Advanced setup.
  3. Click Web and email, expand SSL/TLS, click the slider bar next to Add the root certificate to known browsers and then click OK.
  4. Restart your machine.

View attachment 105572

You can find a detailed step by step guide here: HTTPS websites fail to load or you receive the error message
Disabled Add the root cert... & restarted the system but still prob with Internet Explorer.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Also, as the question is not very clear, if you want to disable the Banking feature in ESET Smart Security, just go to:

Advanced setup screen (F5) → Web and Email → Banking & Payment protectionTurn off "Integrate into system".
View attachment 105573
Turning off integrate into system, I cannot use Eset browser manually from the desktop shortcut.
I had kept it ON & disabled SSL scan & was using Eset browser manually with no other probs.

Reactions: DardiM
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
IE prob is still there.

Any help here?

How to remove certs in Windows?

Win 10 Pro 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.