Troubleshoot How to remove Login Helper from Mac

Infected operating system
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Infected device issues
My Chrome browser is hijacked. When I try to go to Google the page does not look normal, and the sites that come up in search do (e.g. youTube) do not look normal. I'm getting all kinds of "notifications" (I think you would call them browser pop-ups) trying to sell me stuff, mostly virus-removal software. I found a button (right on the Login Helper Tab, I think) that seemed to enable me to delete it, but I guess it was phony.

Andrea11

Thread author
Jan 11, 2020
Yesterday I went through Google to the New York Times podcast "The Daily." There was a big green button that led me to think I had to install an extension to hear the podcast. Huge mistake! Now I am afflicted with Login Helper. How do I remove this? I don't see anything unusual in my Applications or Extensions. When I tried to reset Chrome policies I got stuck (beach ball forever).

Reactions: upnorth

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello Andrea,
I'm really sorry for the late response.
Can you copy chrome://policy into the URL bar and click Enter, then check if there are policies loaded in Chrome.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.