How to stop pop-up asking to disable AdBlocker?

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
That Worked.(y)

I think this is some aggresive option, it can affect your browser experience, I suggest you to use Ublock Origin with adguard's lists: english, spyware, annoyance, and your local region filter list. You can find it on filterlists.com and when you find some pop ups or adblock warning you can play with "I'm advancer user" option and try to block inline scripts or 3rd scripts, those are effective even with pages that can't let you copy some text

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I think this is some aggresive option, it can affect your browser experience, I suggest you to use Ublock Origin with adguard's lists: english, spyware, annoyance, and your local region filter list. You can find it on filterlists.com and when you find some pop ups or adblock warning you can play with "I'm advancer user" option and try to block inline scripts or 3rd scripts, those are effective even with pages that can't let you copy some text

There is extension that you limit Java to certain websites, for example in Firefox there is the YesScript that you add the sites in the blacklist, or also some browsers like Opera you add the site to the list of Java script exceptions as "blocked" option.

Reactions: OutOfBounds

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
There is extension that you limit Java to certain websites, for example in Firefox there is the YesScript that you add the sites in the blacklist, or also some browsers like Opera you add the site to the list of Java script exceptions as "blocked" option.
I like simplicity, that's why I use only Ublock origin and I commonly report pages where is adblock warnings to Adguard and this works for my family too (they use Firefox, not me) I didn't know that limiting java do the trick, thanks

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Modal Remover - offered by thomas.lutzeyer - Version: 0.0.2 Updated: October 11, 2016 Size: 14.55KiB

Modal Remover

- "Removes annoying, screen-blocking modals that force users to sign up, disable ad-block or join a newsletter.
Click the plug-in icon on the top right of your browser to remove any kind of view-blocking modal. If the modal didn't, or only partially, disappear, try clicking it until it banishes."

- I didn't try its efficiency, because I don't have this kind of problems, sorry.

EDIT:
Maybe
Test forbes.com redirect: {{meta.title}}

Forbes website is able to disable ContentBlockHelper with this red link on its page... very strange.

----------------

Look too on this MT topic:
uBlock Protector Extension (for Chrome) and Anti-Adblock Killer Continued : Add-on - uBlock Protector Extension (for Chrome) and Anti-Adblock Killer Continued

- and another MT topic:
Attention All You Adblocking Experts, See If Your Ad Blocker Can Get Past This Anti-Ad Blocking Site : Attention All You Adblocking Experts, See If Your Ad Blocker Can Get Past This Anti-Ad Blocking Site

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus and XhenEd

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.