How To Use The System Repair CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! The system repair CD is different from the system restore CD. One reason you might want to use a system repair CD is if your system fails to start windows.
If Windows 7 won't start or starts with significant problems, you may need to use the System repair disc to fix problems with Windows 7. The System Repair Disc is designed to let you boot up Windows — even if nothing else works — and provides you with several options for repairing your failing system.

You need to create the system repair disc. If you don’t create one, you limit your recovery options. The system repair disc is not the same thing as the recovery disc that came with your computer. It won’t reinstall Windows 7 and it won’t reformat your computer. It's simply a gateway to Windows' built-in recovery tools.
I would start from the top and work my way down the list. You will see a recovery tool that says System Image Recovery!
System Image Recovery. If you were smart enough to have used the W7 feature to create a image of your C drive, you can use this recovery mode to restore your PC back like it was when you created the back up image. How cool is that. The cost of this is the price of a CD and a little time. Why would you not want to add this to your arsenal of getting your PC back up and running?? How to create a system repair CD??
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/create-a-system-repair-disc
How to create a system image! If I could make it any simpler; I would, but how hard is this and why haven't you done it??
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/back-up-programs-system-settings-files#1TC=windows-7
I have created similar threads, but this is a little more complete. Please feel free to ask questions and I'll try to answer them;)

c02073860.jpg

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! It's always good to have several ways to recover from a disaster. IMHO the above post is a must and should be done by every PC user.
There are times when you just want to start over with a fresh out of the box OS. That will take a little more work and time. I have done that before a few times, but I'm a little lazy and I prefer restoring with a back up image that I have created with a 3rd party program like Macrium Reflect, Paragon, or AOMEI. It can be a chore to do all those windows up dates and reinstall all your programs. I can use Macrium Reflect and a back up image and be back up and running just like the day I created the image in just about 15 minutes . I'm planning on making some more of these threads in the future. I want to make a thread about creating a flash drive with back to factory on it. A lot of manufactures don't include the restore to factory media these days and leave that up to you. That's not a good idea IMHO, but it's all about saving and making a few extra $$ these days.
I don't consider myself a expert on creating these how to articles, but I enjoy trying and there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest from other MT members to do this. Even though I have done some of these things before, it's hard for me to put it down in words and my PC vocabulary leaves a lot to be desired. I'll give it a try if you have some thing you would like me create and I have the knowledge about the subject.
Now it's back to bed, as it's very early and I just got up for trip to the bath room. It happens when you get old.;)
PS I don't have any freebies and I'm not trained to fight malware, so maybe I can make a small contribution to MT this way!:)
Always feel free to add your comments to my threads. That doesn't bother me at all. Team efforts are always good!!

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I have used this CD plenty of times when i first started to use Windows but not so much lately. But always keep a copy handy as you never know when you will need it to save your ass. :D:eek:

Reactions: donetao
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.