New Update Huorong Internet Security (Updates)

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
This may have already been asked, but when installing or after installation is one able to choose to not install the AV so you can use with a secondary AV? or are you able to disable it permanently?

Reactions: Nevi and Behold Eck

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
This may have already been asked, but when installing or after installation is one able to choose to not install the AV so you can use with a secondary AV? or are you able to disable it permanently?
It installs as one suite but you can indeed disable the AV component manually though I don`t know how this would work with a different AV not specifically designed to run in such an environment ?

Regards Eck:)

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Latest release (5.0.58.2 - no log yet) - 10/03/2021
VULScan database has been updated, apart from that, the usual database updates.
1.png2.png

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Latest release (5.0.59.0 - 15/03/2021)

Dear Tinder users:
Hello! Thank you for using Tinder Security 5.0.

Following is today's update:

New features:
1. Web service protection adds CVE-2021-2109 attack interception.
2. Web service protection adds CVE-2020-14883 attack interception.

Optimization:
1. Optimized the self-protection logic of Tinder process.

Program defect repair:
1. Repair the problem that the protection center-network protection-horizontal penetration protection remote registry tampering function probabilistically fails.

With your help, Tinder is improving every day, thank you for your support!

Tinder operation team

March 15, 2021

Source: 5.0.59.0版本升级公告【3月15日】 - 火绒产品公告 - 火绒安全软件

Apart from the log, I did spot following changes in the update notification:
Scan engine has been overhauled, plus Firewall driver and Defence driver. Apart from that, the usual database updates, including those for malicious websites.
1.png2.png
This time, requires reboot.
1615826410473.png

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
To be fair, they have slightly improved in the last months.
I remember 0 detections when i first put my hands on it.
They are especially strong in the scripts dept, detections either by sandbox, or by HEUR (.exe), in which they are still very weak.
Also HIPS and BB have improved IMHO, and they are fast to react to SUD.
This in comparison to K7, which I have tested extensively in the last months, and is only strong in the .exe dept, and almost helpless against scripts (AutoRuns, outbounds).
After current SUD, detections were added after some days of ticket creation, but note it was 90% scripts from the last 3 weeks (!!!).

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Any fresh tests ? and english versions?, looks good AV but without you...be tests i am not sure
It is fully translated to English, but its detection rate is very poor unless you add custom HIPS rules. It's been tested a lot in the malware hub here.

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
It is fully translated to English, but its detection rate is very poor unless you add custom HIPS rules. It's been tested a lot in the malware hub here.
&here’s the summary reports for last two months:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.