New Update Huorong Internet Security (Updates)

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
They now even enter Mac (yet public BETA):

On May 12th, "Tinder Sword Mac Version 1.0" (referred to as Tinder Sword Mac version) officially opened its public beta! Welcome to Mac terminal users (macOS 11.1 and above), go to the official forum of Tinder to download and try it out.
(Address: 火绒剑Mac公测 - 火绒剑macOS版公测 - 火绒安全软件 )
145852dmbevv1cby1yvte4.png

145859dycsu7u3cctdrs3s.png

Tinder Sword Mac version product map

Tinder Sword Mac version is developed by Tinder Labs. Aiming at the pain point of macOS users that lack of easy-to-use system security analysis tools, it is launched to facilitate security enthusiasts and security practitioners to perform system analysis, diagnosis and security problem handling. Security analysis extension tools.

Tinder Sword Mac version has software functions such as process management, process monitoring, network, startup items, device tree, and kernel driver. The product is light and dexterous, with a reasonable design of operating interaction, a friendly interface, and a user-friendly information list layout, which facilitates thread-level program analysis and management and can improve the efficiency of users in handling problems.

In addition, before this public beta, the Tinder Sword Mac version has completed a small range of internal beta activities, and the product has been further improved and optimized by collecting the experience and opinions of hundreds of experience officers. Welcome everyone to have a security experience during the public beta.

From the Tinder Sword Windows version to the Tinder Sword Mac version, Tinder insists on launching mature and stable security products. In the future, Tinder will also provide security products and solutions for more end users and more industries, and work hard to build a comprehensive and multi-angle terminal security service system!

Finally, during the public beta of the Tinder Sword Mac version, if you encounter any problems or have relevant suggestions, you can contact us to solve them at any time.

Source: 正式公测!火绒推出首款Mac产品 - 火绒安全软件 - 火绒安全软件

Of course, they have a long way to go even with their Windows releases, but using it for 76 days in a row now, it gets better every day 🙌
That's said, I've used many products, and that one suits me best (especially because of the Firewall module and the custom HIPS).

Last edited by a moderator:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Huge new release today, requires reboot (5.0.61.0) - 17/05/2021

Changelog:
Dear Tinder users:

Hello! Thank you everyone for using Tinder security software 5.0.

Following is today's update content:

Optimization:
1. Optimize the stability of [File Shredding] function.
2. Optimize related functions of [Protection Center].
3. Optimized the engine performance and the success rate of the [Virus killing].

Program defect repair:
1. Resolve product related bug issues.

With your help, Tinder is improving every day, thank you for your support!
Tinder operation team
May 17, 2021​
1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png11.png

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Huge new release today, requires reboot (5.0.62.0) - 15/06/2021

Changelog:
Dear Tinder users:

Optimization:
1. Optimize the related functions of [Protection Center ].​
2. Optimize the related functions of [Safety Tools].
3 , optimization of the tray program [tinder] stability.

Program defect repair:
1. Product related bugs are repaired.

Tinder operation team
June 15, 2021​

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I'm currently running Huorong alongside the beta of WiseVector. I like the detailed notifications, which is something that is lacking from most, if not the majority of other antiviruses. Of course, I also like that you receive alerts when threats of something suspicious is found, rather than auto quarantining them.

Huorong.png

For anything detected from a scan, rather than the real-time protection, you can click on Details, to see a similar notification.

Huorong 3.png

In this case, it's actually a false positive.

Huorong 2.png

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I'm currently running Huorong alongside the beta of WiseVector. I like the detailed notifications, which is something that is lacking from most, if not the majority of other antiviruses. Of course, I also like that you receive alerts when threats of something suspicious is found, rather than auto quarantining them.

View attachment 259847

For anything detected from a scan, rather than the real-time protection, you can click on Details, to see a similar notification.

View attachment 259849

In this case, it's actually a false positive.

View attachment 259848
Agree, like that a lot, too!

I think Q360 (Qihoo) does also have those descriptions (at least for virus detections - as seen "Details" section of Huorong).

The amount of FP is relatively low @ Huorong, to my experience, they don't simply add detections, but check samples sent to them in detail.
I actually don't use custom rules by @JerryLin anymore (expect my own Powershell rules to block #Netwalker Ransomware), as the amount of notifications (FP) was way to high for everyday use. IMO Huorong has quite upped their HIPS DB, however BB is still almost non-existent.
1627023171008.png

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
It has been quiet for some time with Huorong (apart from follow-up upgrades), finally, there is a new release - 5.0.63.0 from 19/08/2021:

Changelog:

Optimization:
1. Optimized the accuracy of the [Virus Scanning] function.
2. Optimize the related functions of [Protection Center].
3. Optimize the related functions of [Safety Tools].
4. Optimized the stability of [Tinder Tray Program].

Program defect repair:
1. Product related bugs are repaired.

Tinder operation team
August 19, 2021​

========================================================================================================================================
Side note:
I will provide further changelogs / information on possible reboot request when I upgraded myself tomorrow, still on vacation, no laptop with me.
========================================================================================================================================

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
It has been quiet for some time with Huorong (apart from follow-up upgrades), finally, there is a new release - 5.0.64.0 from 12/10/2021, requires reboot:

Changelog:

New features:
1. Added "patch uninstall", "opt-out tinder duration", "regular reminder to update virus database" functions

Optimization:
1. Optimized [vulnerability fix] [ Right-click management] [Email monitoring] [Security log] related functions
2. Optimized the use performance of system resources.

Program bug fixes:
1. Fix product related bugs.

Tinder operation team
October 12, 2021
1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png11.png12.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.