I am looking for a registry firewall?

ch4mla

Thread author
Jan 26, 2023
I am not sure what the correct term would be, but I am looking for something to, by default, ask me if I want to block or allow any and all real time changes in startup folders, startup registry keys, context menus, shell extensions, services, scheduled tasks. And nothing else.

What I am looking for is very closely related to antivirus, I think, so this forum might be a good place to ask.

Things I have already discovered on the internets:
Anvir Task Manager. (a bit old?)
Hibit startup manager (last update 2022, doesn't handle changes in context menu)
WinPatrol (Too old, too slow, outdated...)
chameleon startup manager (bad)
startup sentinel. (good for changes in startups, but incomplete in many other aspects)
Startup Organizer (good software, but doesn't 'guard', it just 'notifies')

Promising software with a lot more potential for a robust solution:
-OSFirewall by ZoneAlarm: Where can I get this?? OSFirewall protection
OSArmor? Comodo Killswitch? (Trying them now)
-An antivirus/firewall that can be configured to "Monitor" against any changes in startup registry keys and specified areas of interest such as startup folders. Is this a thing?

Last edited:

ch4mla

Thread author
Jan 26, 2023
Thanks for the suggestions! I will try them out! Regarding the configuration for the programs above, is it granular to the level I am looking for? I mean, are those programs able to be configured to monitor just the places mentioned on my first post? Or do they monitor for other stuff along the way...? Like a superset that includes startup registry keys/scheduled tasks etc, but also other, riskware related locations on top?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.