Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Metro apps are not working (Including PC Settings)
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
sfc /scannow, chkdsk, appsdiagnostic, uninstalled the recent updates. I didn't used system restore because the last restore point is way back August 2014.
Hey guys, I have a problem with the metro apps. I can't click any of them (but I can use the right click though). It started when I installed the updates yesterday; kb2934520 (.NET framework), kb3000850, kb3006137, kb2962806, and kb3014442. Uninstalled all the recent updates early this morning and it didn't fix the problem. I searched for the fix but no luck. :( I think the culprit is the .NET framework but I'm not quite sure.

The error I received after clicking the Windows Store. (I also received this error when opening other pinned metro apps (like games, photos, mail, etc.) on the taskbar.
MpkGLgN.png

FuApW2z.png

Hope you can help me, guys. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
When you ran the sfc /scannow earlier, did it find any integrity violations and was just not able to fix them, or did it state it did not find and violations? The same question with the DISM scan you ran..
sfc /scannow - didn't find any integrity violations. However, dism said it fixed the problem.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

sfc /scannow - didn't find any integrity violations. However, dism said it fixed the problem.
Did you restart the machine after DISM said it fixed the issue?

Have you run a chkdesk scan in command prompt "with admin" to check for logical file system errors?

Try this first, open command prompt "with admin" and type: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

If this returns there are no issues, then while still in command prompt with "admin" type: chkdsk

Let this run and restart the machine if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Did you restart the machine after DISM said it fixed the issue?

Have you run a chkdesk scan in command prompt "with admin" to check for logical file system errors?

Try this first, open command prompt "with admin" and type: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

If this returns there are no issues, then while still in command prompt with "admin" type: chkdesk

Let this run and restart the machine if necessary.
Yup, I did restart the PC.

CheckHealth didn't find any errors, also ScanHealth.

I haven't tried chkdesk, wait is it chkdsk or chkdesk (with e)?

Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Thanks guys but all of those didn't work. Maybe I should refresh the PC?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.