Thanks for Helping

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@CySecy825:

No need to mess the network configuration of Virtualbox, since its been set to NAT which means the IP address as been separate to your host so any infections especially worms will not jump out.

For shared folder, click the gear icon of settings (from selected machine you've produced) then click the folder you want to mount on.

Vt4YmrK.png

HrJEKGc.png

Reactions: McLovin
C

CySecy825

Thread author
but why access needed to be full is that mean malware can bypass

C

CySecy825

Thread author
How to i can be sure that malware in VM don,t know my IP address or anything else ?

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Reactions: CySecy825
C

CySecy825

Thread author
Use a VPN like Cyberghost/BETTERNET if u want to spoof the IP and to Spoof MAC address generate any fake mac add using VM or Technitium MAC Address Changer | A Freeware Utility To Spoof MAC Address Instantly
and do remember do not load any of the personal files in VM that u don't want to risk!!!

regards
ok i will never store any personal files in VM ofcourse, my VM where i testing malwares is fresh installed window 10

and this VPN i will start using it now,but what is this setting from VirtualBox network settings NAT?

Thanks

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@CySecy825: NAT is a type of network mechanism where creates an isolated IP address to your VM, which means it will not affect your host system with any threats especially worms.

Only shares your active connection through your host system.

Reactions: Rishi

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If you don 't know what you are doing when it comes to malware testing don't do it. It's great for yourself to learn but I think it's best to watch videos first on YouTube before you go ahead and get into it. Heck that's what I did at first. Watched MrXidus and many other YouTuber's that made videos on malware testing. Then once I deemed myself confident I then went ahead and started.

C

CySecy825

Thread author
@CySecy825: NAT is a type of network mechanism where creates an isolated IP address to your VM, which means it will not affect your host system with any threats especially worms.

Only shares your active connection through your host system.
Sorry if i am stupid with VM, But i have NAT enabled in vm settings always. and i test Malwares so can they get my IP address or Anything else and can they track me

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.