I present you C--!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
So, to give it a go, I decided to program my own programming language. (To improve my skills, and to partially feel like a worthy Ph.D holder, as I am currently in the 9th year drawing close to the final).
I can 'share' the horrid compiler and the nightmarish (good self-esteem, don't I have?) syntax with you, folks. If you will. But I created this thread so I can give the technical specifications.

Etymology : The 'defective' counterpart of C++. It's a well-known joke that due to post-increment than a pre-increment, C++ is 'no better than C.' But the fact that C-- is also no worse than C is the joke in the name.
Technical details : It is a compiled, weakly-typed language. OOP (because I felt writing a procedural language in an OO language was very painful.) And of course, similar to Brain(censored), it's got a (unintentionally) weird syntax. The compiler currently is written in C (C-- is a very small language).
I found C++ very hard to write languages in. But very possible.
Purpose : Useless.
Features : Extremely premature. Only has three operators (two urnary and one binary.) Most of the influence comes from C/C++. Printing and reading are the only valid functions.
Example syntax :
Code:
*/ No C/C++ compiler supports it. I created mine, but I doubt it is worth to be downloaded. Sorry for egoistic altitude.  /*
@include <onlylibrary> // the library is named as
// 'onlylibrary' because it is the only library.
// syntax obviously ripped off from C++.
void f(0) */ Note that we NEED to use 0 as a return-value. It's not a bug, it's a feature. Even though it's a void, it seems the bug is too nasty to ignore voids./*
{
long x = 5;
JustPrinttheDamnThing("X"); // Good function name
ENDVOID; // if it were an int, it'd be 'endint.'
}
void main(o) {
int x = 5;
if x == 5;
JustPrinttheDamnThing("X is five!");

What do you think about it? Should I upload the compiler?

Reactions: Sr. Normal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.