iAwake config

Status
Not open for further replies.

iAwake

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
Will consider adding it! I try to keep the browsers free of much extensions to get the best performance and the least resources usage. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Hey,
You don't need Ashampoo and Kerish both with eacohter.. they both clean your registry and your system goes worse.
Remove one of them (I know how you feel you are greedy and want to have both of them probably got them for free? haha)I was like you :p
But I changed myself(btw I'm still greedy but not in this way)
Add Sandboxie(free)and you're good to go
thanks for the share.

iAwake

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
Hey,
You don't need Ashampoo and Kerish both with eacohter.. they both clean your registry and your system goes worse.
Remove one of them (I know how you feel you are greedy and want to have both of them probably got them for free? haha)I was like you :p
But I changed myself(btw I'm still greedy but not in this way)
Add Sandboxie(free)and you're good to go
thanks for the share.

Hello! Thank you very much for joining this thread. Actually I don't use the registry cleaner module in both suites. And no I did not get them for free hahahah. I use Ashampoo for daily clean up process and I really like its "Live Tuner" feature. Regarding Kerish Doctor I use it to clean my other browsers like Yandex and Vivaldi as they are not supported by Ashampoo nor any other cleaning suite out there as far as I know. For me performance is my top concern. I don't want any slowdowns caused by many security apps, so I am not planning to add any security solutions unless in need to do so. Thank you once again and wish you all the best.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What browser are you using?
I would consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s).
Consider adding HTTPS Everywhere to your browser.
I would eliminate Ashampoo and keep Kerish Doctor.
Secure Windows 10 config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

iAwake

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
What browser are you using?
I would consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s).

Consider adding HTTPS Everywhere to your browser.
I would eliminate Ashampoo and keep Kerish Doctor.
Secure Windows 10 config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Hello! Thank you for your useful suggestions. I am using Firefox, Opera and Vivaldi each for a specific purpose. Regarding Ashampoo I use some of its tools especially the file wiper but I mainly depend on Kerish. Hitman Pro is my next on demand scanner( planning to buy it). I am Trying Norton Security on my home PC and I really liked it. It is light if not the lightest and no infections so far (the PC is used by monkeys hahahah little children who know nothing about security). I might consider installing it on my main laptop.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

iAwake

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
Simple, but efficient config.

Thanks for sharing.

I do know what I'm doing online, so no worries! Regarding other security technologies such as sandboxing, whitelisting etc. for me there is no need for them as they will consume resources. User is the most important part of the security configuration. Careful user means clean system

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.