Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Internet Explorer 9 is already perfectly equipped to protect user privacy and to put customers in control when it comes to what third-parties can track them when surfing the web.

Introduced with the Release Candidate of IE9, Tracking Protection only matured with the RTW version of the browser.

In IE9 RTW, Tracking Protection was extended to also cover ActiveX controls such as Adobe Flash.

This feature is in fact an opt-in mechanism, which involves the users taking an active role in protecting their privacy by downloading and installing a Tracking Protection List and blocking third-party sites, such as advertisers, from tracking their online behavior.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/IE9-Overachieving-on-Protecting-User-Privacy-191663.shtml

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I tried Tracking Protection, but was unable to properly navigate myself around from Hotmail to SkyDrive (on Windows Live), ended up having to disable TP. I do however use the ActiveX Filtering.

G

Guest28

I saw pranay's vid on how the new improved smart screen filter blocks malware. It blocked everything from what i could see.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
While I find the Do Not Track User Preference header inefficient, I like the fact that they also added Tracking Protection Lists, but obviously, if it doesn't work properly (as stormgtr mentioned) most users will never enable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.