IE9 versus Chrome: which one blocks malware better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well seems its an interesting article about to IE and Google Chrome, the article is in the link

Watch the video

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Microsoft's SmartScreen technology in IE9 has greatly improved. I would definitely feel safer using Internet Explorer 9.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes stormgtr they made really concentrate from its security since they implement it in IE8 (smart screen filter).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In IE8 the use could bypass that prompt, however in IE9 it's either blocked (known malware) or the user is given a few options from the Actions button. But as seen in the video, you are given more options not to run the program downloaded.

Edit: Obvious, but worth mentioning, both can be bypassed if the SmartScreen is not enabled.

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
Without watching the vid... Vanilla Chrome vs Vanilla IE... That test would be pretty interesting. My gut is saying Chrome. Yet, the smart screen filter of IE is also quite strong.

Edit: I would like to see this test revisited with IE 11 and the recent version of Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.