ImgBurn

Do you use ImgBurn

• Yes and I recommend it

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No but I will give it a try

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There are better our there (say which)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I have used it in the past

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
The interface might be a bit complicated for some users, it certainly doesn't look like most cd/dvd-s burners, but once you get used to it, it is fine. Advanced user will appreciate the numerous settings covering all aspects of the burn process. Anyway for such a small application (even portable) it does all I need it to do and it does it well.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
I have tried nero and ashampoo's burner but non of them as good as Imgburn. THe GUI of Imgburn is very good and easy. At the same time as it's easy it can get complex which is made for the pros :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I voted "No / There are better our there".

Not necessarily better, but I prefer using InfraRecorder. I don't use it much unless I am burning ISOs to DVDs.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I don't think InfraRecorder works with HD-DVDs and Blu-Rays. From the list of free alternatives to (the bloated) Nero, I've also used CDBurnerXP. It was ok, maybe not as reliable as ImgBurn (as far as I can remember it lacked the option to check the disk after the burn process - please correct me if I am wrong). Anyway, reliability of such a program is hard to test.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
To add to my comment before, I also prefer either InfraRecorder or StarBurn Portable, the "smoke" effect for InfraRecorder looks pretty cool although it has nothing to do with functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.