Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi everyone, Immunet 3.0.1.6056 has been officially released as of 1:00 PM MST, April 13/2011!

Changes include:
* Fixes for issues with iTunes, Netflix, Rhapsody, Thunderbird, Adobe CS3 and Photoshop and Framemaker
* Fixes for issues with various installers
* Rootkit scan support fixes 64bit Vista and Windows7
* "Allow Definition Updates" is now broken into two separate options for Clam and Tetra.
* Improved Clam engine performance & reliability, especially when scanning archived files
* Passwords are no longer required to create scheduled scans
* Fixed blank Immunet detection window sometimes appearing on start up
* Various fixes to the History dialog and Summary graph
* Various fixes for Retrospective restores.
* Links in installer fixed.
* Restoring files from Quarantine automatically adds an exclusion for them.
* Cleaner uninstall
* Archive scanning is now disabled by default
* Better migration of users settings when upgrading

Source

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
Still I don't think I'd trust it to run as standalone, I would pack it with something like MSE or Avast! and I would be ok.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Immunet is marketed as a companion antivirus, so you are encouraged by the authors to use it alongside another real-time antivirus.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
bogdan said:
Immunet is marketed as a companion antivirus, so you are encouraged by the authors to use it alongside another real-time antivirus.

If you install the clam AV component they recommend using it on its own. Thats what i have gathered from their forum etc. They aren't to clear on this though.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Clam AV component is not activated by default correct me if I'm wrong but its better to have Immunet with alongside of an AV.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
To me this is meaningless. If you honestly feel that your av needs extra protection then why use your current av? Sure nothing is perfect and every av will miss something but that's what MBAM,SAS and HMP are for.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Valid point. Adding another AV won't double your protection, it might improve it by a small percent, but you will still need other ways to protect/recover your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.