In need of suggestions for Security USB flash Drive

Frozen

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Hey all,

I am wanting to know of any software i should keep on a flash in case my security is breached on my PC (due to Malware, Adware, etc...), i do have some but i feel your suggestions would be valuable to me, the software could also include optimization software, cleaners, portable antiviruses, pc repair, etc... :)

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK - portable) : Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit: Portable malware scanner | Free removal of Viruses, Bots, Spyware, Keyloggers and Trojans

Ultra Virus Killer (UVK - portable) : UVK - Ultra Virus Killer

UVK is great for repairing a broken OS automatically and can run many other tools such as AdwCleaner right from the program itself. Emsisoft like any other scanner, will make a dent in a heavily infected system but nothing is perfect in clean up. If your system is lightly/heavily infected, EEK should get you going to somewhat normal or completely normal operation.

I would run EEK (terminating running malware) and UVK (to repair damage to network and use other tools that it contains to further clean the system).

In my honest opinion, you should reinstall your OS or restore a backup of your OS when you have a breach. This is the only sure fire way to get rid of all infections. Personally I don't feel safe with simply "disinfecting" the OS. I'd rather wipe it out completely to ensure no problems are there and some simply aren't possible to fix without a format/reinstall. I also feel that an infected system that are disinfected might be weakened and allow for further infections easily. After all some threats are persistent.

Frozen

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Thank you so much for your suggestions, i was going to download Emsisoft Emergency kit (Slow internet connection so i'm going to leave it running over night :D), as for the other one ill add it right away :)

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Frozen

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
[url =Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro ] Windows Repair All in one from Tweaking.com [/url]

It has a portable tool which you may use to clean any corrupted Windows system files and behaviours that affect due to malware infections.

Dr.WebCure It

Capable for very sophisticated threats in such careful removal procedure.

Thanks for the suggestions, ill get them right away :p i have been hearing a lot about this windows repair tool will give it a shot

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.