Infected emails

Jesusgirl

Thread author
Apr 2, 2014
Dear Malware Removal Help forum helper, 4/2/14
I did these MalwareTips recommended scans following the 'Malware Removal Guide', step by step, on March 23, 2014. There are about 9 of them. I'll see if I can upload the logged results for you to look at and advice me as per my question above regarding re-infection due to emails coming from a friend with an infected computer, yet not sent by him, but possibly being sent to (and through) his whole address book that is sending us to rogue sites. As I said, he is getting someone to look at his computer.
I greatly appreciate the education I've gotten from this site, an education that we all unfortunately need. Know better now how to prevent malware. But still working on a current problem.
Thank you for all your help!! :)

With Jesus' Compassion for all,
Soteria Allen
(MalwareTips username - 'Jesusgirl')

Attachments

• TDSSKiller.3.0.0.25_23.03.2014_21.25.05_log.txt
    239.6 KB · Views: 63
  • log.txt
    184.3 KB · Views: 148
  • HitmanPro_20140324_0219.log
    4.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Rkill.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 109
  • AdwCleaner[R0].txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 98
  • AdwCleaner[S0].txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Quarantine.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 112
  • readme.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 84
  • a2scan_140324-064822.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 91
  • infected.txt
    108 bytes · Views: 72

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Jesusgirl

Thread author
Apr 2, 2014
TwinHeadedEagle,
(I sent my letter and attached logs that are below to an email address from my Google email box as a REPLY and it bounced back to me. Yesterday. Just realizing this is probably what you meant about a 'Reply'---to come and Reply within the MalwareTips site. Think I have included below what you'll need to study and help me. Thank you!! Jesusgirl)

TwinHeadedEagle, 4/2/14
I did the FRST scan and below is where the links are to what you asked for, but I could not open them. Hopefully you can.
(Not sure if the logs will open for you. I clicked NO, 'not to convert them to some other form' when it asked me. You'll see what I mean)

The files I uploaded do seem to have what you're asking for. If you need anything else, or further scans I should do, etc, please let me know. I am very pleased to have learned about Malwarebytes and MalwareTips!! A BIG HELP!! Thank you!! Jesusgirl

Attachments

• log.txt
    587 bytes · Views: 63

Jesusgirl

Thread author
Apr 2, 2014
Oooops! 4/3/14
I just clicked to check the above file and saw it is the wrong one.
These I've got below are the correct ones.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    36.1 KB · Views: 102
  • FRST_03-04-2014_00-23-08.txt
    59.8 KB · Views: 97

Jesusgirl

Thread author
Apr 2, 2014
TwinHeadedEagle,
GREAT!! Thanks!
But I was just wondering about 3 emails I am sure are infected that I left in my inbox for the purpose of investigating this problem. I opened the first one and ended up at a rogue site, deleted it, and then studied about malware from MalwareTips and then ran the 9 scans in the Malwarebytes Malware Removal Guide. And the scans removed malware they found, which may have already been on my computer.
But I since got three more similar emails and have left them on. Would my computer scan as Clean with 3 unopened infected emails in my Google email?
If these 'obvious to me' infected by what I can read in their address lines (as well as the supposed sender is a friend of mine who said he never sent them) don't do anything until clicked on, is there some way I can transfer these infected emails to have them checked in order to stop them, finding out their source, or at least by blocking them?
Also, I thought it might be good to alert others if this malware is not already on a malware list, that is, if it is creating infection.
Thank you for all your help!
Jesusgirl

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Unfortunatelly, you cannot stop this. This is called spam and it is present always. I strongly advise you to delete any unknown mail without opening.

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Jesusgirl

Thread author
Apr 2, 2014
Hi TwinHeadedEagle,
I deleted the emails and ran the DelFix tool. I'm so glad to have this job finally done. Thank you!!
My Android tablet, possibly infected by being synced with my desktop when I opened the first infected email and clicked onto a couple rogue sites before I got rid of it, is acting strange.
My Android 4.1 is only 3 months old and about a month after I got it, it kept telling me when I would put a password in that it was invalid. I got the Last Pass premium to have my passwords stored on that but I haven't been able to use that program (app) for the same reason.
I started running Avast antivirus and also Malwarebytes Anti-Malware apps on my tablet but they didn't alert me to any infection. Having problems, I wanted to do the steps and scans listed in the Malware Removal Guide to detect and remove any malware but couldn't find any of those scans on the list also available to run on my Android tablet.
Do you know of a malware removal guide for Android tablets?
Thanks again for all the help!!

With Jesus' Compassion 4 America! (& the world--including Serbia!!),
Jesusgirl

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.