Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Wilders: Official Returnil Support Forum

If you didn't already know.. Plus the extra boost if you're interested in helping Returnil with their new upcoming product.

When I had 3.x it was very nice, so I'm looking forward to 4.x releases.

Hello all,
It has taken some extra time to get here, but we believe you are going to be excited about the improvements we have made in performance, targeted purpose, and refined user interface for our all new 4x generation.

YES! It's that time

We are nearly ready to begin the next round in the development schedule with a call for beta testers to give the new version a thorough and agressive test run. If you are interested in testing, please send a note to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) come with the following information (you can also PM me directly):

1. Name
2. Breif summary of your testing experience
3. valid e-mail address so we can communicate with you efficiently
4. Interest in translating

New gen teasers:

1. All new, targeted, and simplified GUI
2. Targeted feature set for greater compatibility over a wider range of potential layered security strategies and resolves rare issues with some computer models identified in previous generations
3. Removal of all traces of previous sandboxing sessions - even at the forensic level
4. Faster performance that may come as a shock to some long-time users of older Returnil products
5. Secure, anonymous browsing support
6. Windows 8 compatibility (yes, 64 bit compatible across all supported versions of Windows)
7. Simplified and automated support for saving content to disk while using the sandboxing protection
8. Selective, multi-disk sandboxing
9. All new Desktop Toolbar that includes automated activation of sandboxing protection for ALL supported disks with launch of secure browsing session (yes, the secure browser can be launched regardless of protection status and can be launched manually without automatic activation on all disks)
10. Colered Windows border visual que added while using Aero desktop themes (may be sublte to begin with)
11. Clear, easy to interpret single screen display of current protection status and "health" of protected disks (health being availability of space on the target disk for the sandbox)

All those providing consistent feedback and reports during the beta period will receive a full, one year license with our thanks for your support.

Mike

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Might be interested in this. Going to see what happens.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I know the Public URL, but I'm not allowed to share it.

Anyway, have some screenshots that's been posted on Wilders'

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2284452&postcount=2

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
just one problem no free version of this good software they are back to make some more money i guess $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Prices might change since the website isn't ready for public viewing, but looking at the site it's a lot cheaper than many of the Antivirus software.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Most software venders design their GUI according to Window 8 now,returnil looks like window 8 related software in new GUI ,but shadow defender not yet moved.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am glad to inform you that Quietzone RC 12 has been released. It can be downloaded from the product web site (see your tester's update letter for URL) or using the in-app updater in your current version (UI -> Help & Support -> Product Updates).

quietzone build 4.0.16721 RC12 change log:

• Implemented self-recovery for cases when settings storage could become corrupted (for example, storage was defragmented in different OS in multi-boot computer)

• Secure Browser configured to block access to non-standard/illegal ports and nodes which are anonymous or located in lawless countries

• Secure Browser updated to latest version (2.3.25-13)

• Added option to keep Secure Browser settings (homepage, bookmarks etc) across different sandbox sessions

• Added ability to generate a support package (application logs, system information, application dumps) in single click (UI -> Help & Support -> Shift + click on "Report an Issue")

• Fixed saving settings in Network Installer

• Fixed possible compatibility issue with antivirus applications

• Minor stability, usability and UI texts fixes

• Help manual updated with latest application screenshots

Important Note: you may lose some of your previously configured application settings while upgrading to RC 12 because of migration to new settings format.

Kind regards
Mike

Source: Returnil Forums

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
is this good and free or paid is it also runs good with WIN 8.1 and other antivirus softwares

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's Returnil's new product, I'm awaiting a reply before I install on Windows 8.1. It's paid, but very cheap (unless they change the pricing on Final release).

You can get a brief idea of what QZ is, by reading that changelog.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Confirmed, this build is compatible with Windows 8.1.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I tried it out on Win 8.1 64bit. It reminds me very much like shadow defender but not nearly as refined. The secure browser session is a Tor browser with no script and some other extensions. I played around with it for a while. I then asked myself why would I use this over shadow defender. I then promptly uninstalled it. I think that it's a good try for returnil to get back into the market but it needs some fine tuning. The secure browser session is something I could make up on my own. Not really sure if there is anything else to it other than tor and a few privacy extensions.

Reactions: Behold Eck

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
QuietZone RC13 released, testers should check their email for changes.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Good Morning!

Topic: Internet Privacy by Returnil Offer Quietzone

15 Days Trial then $11.oo Dollars to purchase

http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/

Slow the PC by a couple second down.
Work on Windows 8.1

Look over and give your opinions?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looks like they're closer to the final release, as 15th Nov they released QZ build RC13.

It's compatible with Windows 8.1, more here:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-QuietZone-build-4-0-16721-RC12-released?pid=142961#pid142961

Wasn't too fond of the included Tor bundle either.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
No thanks. I tried it in beta. All the privacy part is Tor browser with no script and a few other things. I can do that myself. Other than that I'd rather use ShadowDefender.

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.