Introducing the LG V60 ThinQ 5G

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
For the past few years, LG has introduced its mainstream G-series flagship in late winter or early spring, followed by a larger, more creator-focused V-series phone a few months later. We saw that routine begin to get shaken up last fall with the launch of the G8X (complete with its Dual Screen accessory hoping to steal a little thunder from the folding-phone craze), and now that shift continues not with the introduction of a presumptive G9, but instead with an early new entry to the V series, the LG V60 ThinQ 5G.

As we'd only expect from the latest model in this family, the V60 is equipped with Qualcomm's top-shelf silicon, and arrives running the Snapdragon 865. That also spells 5G support: mmWave exclusive to Verizon, and sub-6 for everyone, including AT&T. LG gives the V60 8GB of RAM, a solid 128GB storage, and support for microSD expansion.
Speaking of charging, LG gives the V60 a 5,000mAh battery, and from what the company's told us, this about as big as we can expect to see from it going forward. The handset itself is just big, with a massive 6.8-inch 20.5:9 display (well, two if you're using the case). LG is back with another teardrop notch, while returning to the same sort of P-OLED fabrication used on the V50, helping to shave off a little weight. And like G8X, we've got another in-display fingerprint scanner.

Last edited:

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I tried to find the cost ?,I have a sneaking suspicion,if you have to ask ,you can not afford it.
While we'll probably have to wait until we're closer to then to get full pricing details, the manufacturer has shared that the V60 will be positioned more affordably than (or at least very close to) the base-level Galaxy S20. Still, $1,000 is a lot of money, and LG has a lot of convincing to do to get shoppers thinking the V60 is worth it.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I like LG phones. New and used ones are very cheap on Ebay. Lately, I've been using an Iphone 11 Pro. I thought I wouldn't like Face ID, but now I prefer it over Fingerprint any day.
Yes they are good phones. I bought a cheap V30 around 1.5-2 years ago because it had a pretty good DAC. LG V series have some of the best sound of all phones.

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
LG phones are usually great value if you wait some time after launch date. The price drops are pretty significant. Good hardware but software could use some refinement and they need to get better at providing updates.

The V60 might be my next phone if priced right.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.