Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source: uTorrent Debuts Ad-Free Client for $4.95 Per Year - TorrentFreak

Don't want to pay? Remove uTorrent Ads in One Click With "Pimp My uTorrent" - TorrentFreak

uTorrent Blog: Introducing $4.95 Ad-Free μTorrent | The Official µTorrent Blog

We’ve been busy experimenting with new ways to improve μTorrent for our users while financially supporting the amazing team that works every day to make μTorrent free for millions of people around the world.

For our latest development, we’re happy to introduce Ad-Free μTorrent for $4.95 USD annual subscription.​

xdIETrB.jpg

DaveM

Level 2
Verified
Feb 12, 2016
Hmm, a torrent company having access to user financial information. That volcano should be fun to watch explode.

DaveM

Level 2
Verified
Feb 12, 2016
I have no idea. I mean, they aren't the only nor the best game in town. It seems like a great trap in the making. I'm not knocking the company, they have bills to pay. But I don't see this going well.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I've never really used Torrents much, but has always been uTorrent when I have. The adds have not really bothered me, but good now to have an option.

D

Deleted member 2913

I mostly use Filestream for torrents. Free account has 1 GB max upload limit per file...sufficient for me & the speed is good too i.e I get full speed i.e on my 4 MBPS broadband I get around 500 KBPS speed, thats correct speed, right?

Occasionally I use portable qBittorrent...its good.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Little misleading on the product title because many users may think that the program is free.

But anyway, better go to some alternatives which are free; I know the intention of Utorrent but many users go to the practical way.

Reactions: Ink and OokamiCreed
D

Deleted member 2913

Pimp my utorrent doesn't works for me on latest utorrent. The tab is not clickable for me. Tried on cyberfox & chrome.

The post also gives link for manual changes i.e utorrent forum. I tried those changes in utorrent portable & works fine.

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.