IP hiding software question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Been wanting to ask this question for a long time. There are a lot of hide IP applications out there and as of the momet I am trying out Hide My IP. The trial is 15 days I see. I never used one like tbis before mostly I'd use a proxy / configure Chrome when I need to visit some European site.

Now for the question,

What may be the best firewall settings for Hide My IP (or any hide IP applications)?

I am using Outpost Firewall Pro ver7.5.2 on the test partition with the Hide My IP with Eset Nod32 AV.
Now there are no advised settings for Outpost at the Hide My IP site so I settled for the Eset guide. Kindly see the image attached for the rules I created(as advised by Hide My IP)

picture sharing

Is that enough to be safe using Hide My IP?

If not what may be some rules that I can create for the firewall?

There might be someone here that is using the same or similar application. Please share some inputs on your experiences.

Also about stealth, the partition I am using with OP Pro and Nod32 AV is TrueStealth with GRC ShieldsUp and PCFlank. When using the Hide My IP there are 3 ports open, 1 stealthed and th rest are closed. Both fail GRC ShieldsUp and PCFlank.

Now the one that is tested here is the Hide My IP proxy right?

"My computer <-----> Outpost Firewall Pro <------> Hide My IP (proxy) <-------> Website"

So I am still safe having OP Pro/Eset Nod32 AV (which is TrueStealthed when not using the Hide My IP app)..?

Some opinions please.

Thank you very much.

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Hi,

So sorry for the long delay here. I decided not to use the IP hiding software altogether. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.