Is AppGuard v4.4.6.1 safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RmG152

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Is the version 4.4.6.1 safe to use? I have a lifetime licence but i don't want to use deprecated software.

PD: I hate their "fake" lifetime licences, at this point Malwarebytes company it's much better.

Reactions: ravi prakash saini

Is the version 4.4.6.1 safe to use? I have a lifetime licence but i don't want to use deprecated software.

PD: I hate their "fake" lifetime licences, at this point Malwarebytes company it's much better.

Yes, version 4.4.6.1 is safe to use.

Different vendors offer different types of lifetime licenses. BRN, like the vast majority of other vendors, offered version lifetime licenses which was and still is standard industry practice. There is nothing fake nor disingenuous about version lifetime licenses.

RmG152

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Yes, version 4.4.6.1 is safe to use.

Different vendors offer different types of lifetime licenses. BRN, like the vast majority of other vendors, offered version lifetime licenses which was and still is standard industry practice. There is nothing fake nor disingenuous about version lifetime licenses.

Thanks for the answer.

I know it's used by a lot of companies, but IMO this practice it's nearly to scam.

pd: not personal harassment to BRN it's for all companies.

Xeon

Jun 20, 2017
Best protection ever. Nothing else needed, just brains.
Scam? What are you smoking?
These people that try to get everything free, just blows my mind.
Version 4 "beta" was for life of beta 4.
Version 5 yearly.
Would not leave home with out it.:)

Last edited:

Thanks for the answer.

I know it's used by a lot of companies, but IMO this practice it's nearly to scam.

pd: not personal harassment to BRN it's for all companies.

I know it is nothing personal. I didn't interpret your original post to mean it was an attack on BRN or a personal one.

I understand your thoughts and feelings about version "lifetime" license - I really do.

Many typical, reasonable people automatically assume that the terminology "lifetime" means the current version and all future versions. When they find out that it is only a lifetime license for a particular version they are apt to feel a certain way about it. A lot of the dissatisfaction comes down to the user taking the word "lifetime" at face value and not knowing that there are various lifetime license models. Because of this basic misunderstanding, vendors such as AppGuard, Horizon DataSys, Macrium, Revo, VMWare and a bunch of others are criticized for their version-only lifetime licenses.

I understand that the word "lifetime" to describe licenses is not ideal and can cause misunderstandings that lead to hard feelings on the user's part. I personally much prefer "version license" or "perpetual version license."

I can assure you that BRN's past use of the word "lifetime" was not intended to make people think that they were purchasing a forever lifetime license - and
therefore much more willing to buy the product.

Anyway, version-only lifetime licenses are pretty much on their way out with industry vendors transitioning to the yearly subscription model. As for lifetime licenses that give the user a license for all future versions, those lifetime license types are pretty much economically unfeasible for the vast majority of publishers and therefore are being widely phased-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.