Is betterinstaller safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I just heard about Better Installer and did some searching on google some reviews say its safe, and some dont i just need opinions on it. I think its a installer for application but i noticed mbam picks betterinstaller.exe in some old logs i saw up as adware. so im not sure whether trust worthy or not...

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I got a partnership offer from them and was curious :p so its not needed

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I also dont want to downgrade my programs or websites reputation

@MalwareCenter which would count as adware im guessing lol

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Well i think ive convinces myself that i shouldnt go with them but i have the idea of making a installer version with the possibility of advertising just to make a little money without annoying users like ccleaner with google chrome or google toolbar... etc. Anyone have any recommendations what to use and how to accomplish this?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Open candy has a reputation like better installer on wot saying adware/spyware is this a trusted installer? i see google and avg are listed on their homepage and so on

Xiarettah

Sep 5, 2013
Who needs an installer anyway? All they do is smuggling tool bars and worse on your system, even when you uncheck all relevant options, the most popular ones still being Delta Search and even Babylon! No thanks a lot!

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Xiarettah said:
Who needs an installer anyway? All they do is smuggling tool bars and worse on your system, even when you uncheck all relevant options, the most popular ones still being Delta Search and even Babylon! No thanks a lot!

Some of them still do, but its a way of getting income when your a freeware developer, im sure ccleaner gets a decent amount from google and if you uncheck the options for google chrome or toolbar it doesnt install it. But your right some still do and those are the ones that arent safe.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Use Google AdSense (or other) to place Advertisements on your website. It's better that way, and you stops websites from flagging your software as containing Adware.

imsoadude said:

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
What about inno setup ?

I tried it but i found that i like NSIS better so ive been playing with that made a installer

Earth said:
Use Google AdSense (or other) to place Advertisements on your website. It's better that way, and you stops websites from flagging your software as containing Adware.

imsoadude said:

That would be the way to go but when i tried to sign up for it with my website they got back to me and said it was Insufficient content and wouldn't be able to match relevant ads. I could always retry though and yea very true i know some av's pick up open candy as adware when its wrapped in a installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.