Advice Request Is Emsisoft mobile security same Bitdefender mobile security?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hi guys
I think emsisoft mobile security is same bitdefender mobile secirity.
It's got same GUI,Same information on their site, Same features, Same database
What is your opinion?

W

Wave

I'm pretty sure they are not the same, I doubt Emsisoft would just clone the Bitdefender product and post their own version - what would be the point in this?

However Emsisoft do use the Bitdefender engine in their product alongside their own engine, I do not know about the mobile version though.

Reactions: amir 957

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Emsisoft partnered with Bitdefender years ago to incorporate Bitdefenders scan engine into Emsisoft products.
Aside from the GUI similarities & Bitdefender scan engine product versions and company details are different.
I would say they are not the same products but then again I have only dealt with Emsisoft on the PC level.
Features are about the same however the price is different.
One easy way is to ask Emsisoft customer support.
Personally I think they might have some type of partnership with Bitdefender on the mobile version.

Reactions: amir 957 and Wave

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
Im not sure, if is same, or not. Posibly in some base yes. But version 3 looks and feels as Emsisoft. Try and you will keep in your phone. Same as is with Emsisoft on PC, is many options, but just very few real choices. Emsisoft is my choice for 7 years and works great. In simple way, that is, what I like most on Emsisoft. Security made simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.