Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
For as much as I've heard, both good and mediocre opinions, about HerdProtect I have not tried it yet.
Here's what Softpedia says about it.

Portable herdProtect 1.0.3.9 Beta
A straightforward security solution that allows you to scan your computer for malware components using a very large number of scanners

At some point or another you’ve certainly questioned the reliability of your antivirus solution because it’s a well known fact that some end up delivering different results in identical scans.

For this reason it’s always good to have a tool which can offer you a second opinion on any malware scan you perform. If that’s the case, then we need to introduce you to Portable herdProtect.
Lightweight yet powerful scanning solution
As far as size is concerned, when it comes to antivirus scanning software, Portable herdProtect belongs in the lightweight division and it is capable of delivering some powerful punches thanks to the 60+ scanning engines that it has underneath its gloves.

Performing a scan with that many engines would normally take its toll on your system but since Portable herdProtect does all the work in a cloud based system, your PC’s performance will hardly be affected.
Read more - http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Antivirus---Antispyware/Portable-herdProtect.shtml

D

Deleted member 21043

HerdProtect consists of 68 Antivirus scanners. Therefore, I'm sure it is good. I have used HerdProtect in the past and it has detected malicious components, however it was on a Virtual Machine which had been currently infected.

With 68 Antivirus scanners it's bound to have a good detection rate. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.