Is the Human Immune System like Windows Defender?

Trysoft

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 25, 2016
Perhaps im crazy cos i have just woken up but i see some similarities between malware and diseases ( they are named the same to, viruses, worms, etc. )

I thought maybe antimalware is like antibiotics and so on i got to is the human immune system like windows defender?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
It's much more complicated but the point is the same, detect - deflect - destroy. The whole idea of virus-antivirus was taken from a living world and almost every malware characteristics can be found in real microorganisms.
Our organism works more like an anti-exe than a traditional antivirus with signatures. Our immune system has more than a 300 different ways to detect an intruder but most accurate one is to establish the differentiation between our own cells and alien ones. Vaccination gives us some known blacklisting features, and we do our whitelisting by ourselves or again with special immunization. Cascade of immune system activation and alien elimination is even more complicated and not yet fully understood

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It is the best free antivirus on the market.
Probably the best behavior blocker which they patented naming it White Blood Cells(go figure)
Other patented features include a four tiered engine with some crazy namessuch as Spleeno_Otonsils/thymuso_Olymph nodes,bone marrowo_O
Of course they accompany their award winning behavior blocker and together make up the big 5.
So good they do not (have to pay) participate in AV comparatives test.
However you will pay a premium for the on demand scanners that they suggest using from time to time.
They do suggest purchasing the premium version which they offer an insurance plan if anything does bypass the program.
Microsoft should be worried as should the other vendors.

Last edited:

Trysoft

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 25, 2016
Hey how great is your limbic system?
I'm still stuck with IBM RAMAC HDD and its read and write speed is still processing on CrystalDiskMark on a couple of neurons for a couple of days now. ;)

Creative answers though! I love Space Bar :):):)

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
It is the best free antivirus on the market.
Probably the best behavior blocker which they patented naming it White Blood Cells(go figure)
Other patented features include a four tiered engine with some crazy namessuch as Spleeno_Otonsils/thymuso_Olymph nodes,bone marrowo_O
Of course they accompany their award winning behavior blocker and together make up the big 5.
So good they do not (have to pay) participate in AV comparatives test.
However you will pay a premium for the on demand scanners that they suggest using from time to time.
They do suggest purchasing the premium version which they offer an insurance plan if anything does bypass the program.
Microsoft should be worried as should the other vendors.
Don't forget anti-exploit in the mouth and sinuses in case of contact from untrusted sources. Skin protection through sweat to prevent autoplay pathogens getting into your system in case of a USB attack. Whitelisting+Behavioral Blocker+Heuristics+AI Blacklists that communicates through the brain cloud plus other generic mechanistic protections such as fever heat? Still no 100% security.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
An antivirus is comparable to antibodies of a human person.
They are not a medicine but they are already present in our body and, within our immune system, are able to identify the threats (bacteria and viruses) and eliminate them.
With the same principle, an antivirus must already be present in our devices in order to protect our systems.
As our immune system evolves and updates itself when it detects bacteria and viruses, so an antivirus has to evolve to detect new malicious patterns.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.