Its a HDD problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
Hey, i have a "new" HDD 1tb Seagate but i have a problem. First i say "new" because when i test with 4 programs the HDD and it said "624 days power on time" in all of them, so i dont know if to trust the person that bought the HDD for me (a guy that we call when we need something to be fixedin the house) or the softwares that i tried.

The reason that i get the new HDD was that the old one (150gb WD) was near death, every time it stopped and start making the PC frezze. But now the new one does it too (mostly when i see a video, play a browser game, etc) and makes some noise (i cant explain it so for now it doenst matter) but its something that i dont expect to have in something that is new.

So the question is... Is this and HDD problem or is it because i put a new HDD in a really old motherboard (ASRock ConRoe1333-D667)?

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello Friend I think that record is not new, you have the receipt? go and change it and you will know if it is new, but I think that not.

Not has nothing to do base plate are ancient, the disc is not new, I think that not..

Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well most of the software's wont lie for this purpose. I believe the test is true and you must replace your HDD to a brand new one which comes with a SN to be registered online. Or you may even check the manufactured date of the HDD, if its more than 3 year old, then its definitely a preowned. Almost all the HDD comes with 2y warranty.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
When you buy a new HDD diagnostic software should say that it's about 3days old (in work) as manufacturer does some read/write tests to all HDDs before releasing them to markets

Reactions: Alkajak
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.