Android
OS Version
Android 8 > January 2019 Security Patch
Secure Lockscreen
Biometric to Unlock
Notifications
Hide sensitive information when device is locked
Real-time protection
Sophos Mobile Security with Real-Time, Web-Guard and Link-Checker enabled.
Mobile VPN
F-Secure Freedome
VPN usage
Public and Untrusted networks
Browser and Extensions
Firefox with uBlock Origin (ad blocker) and Bitwarden (password manager).
Content Filtering
uBlock Origin
Other Important Apps
Device Maintenance built-in app by Samsung.

Jack

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Hey guys,
This the config that I use for my Samsung S8+ phone. I'm using Sophos as security and anti-theft, and most importantly I've stopped using Chrome because it doesn't support extensions (most importantly an ad blocker). The device is updated to the latest security patch.

Jack

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
I think the Web Filter of Sophos Mobile Security don't work with FF

Configure web filtering settings for Sophos Mobile Security

This is common to paid AVs as well. The AV supports many browsers but the web filter supports limited browsers only
In the Web Filter settings it says that Firefox is protected. I usually have very safe browsing habits but I'll give it a try to see how the web guard works with Firefox.

Screenshot_20190204-164930_Sophos Mobile Security.jpg
Cool dude, but i thought you had an iPhone :emoji_sob::D
Never had an iPhone. I've always used Android, up until the Pixel line I've owned all Nexus phones. I like Android more than iOS.

HarborFront

Level 44
Content Creator
Verified
In the Web Filter settings it says that Firefox is protected. I usually have very safe browsing habits but I'll give it a try to see how the web guard works with Firefox.

View attachment 207800

Never had an iPhone. I've always used Android, up until the Pixel line I've had owned all Nexus phones. I like Android more than iOS.
Actually, if you choose some choiced filters + uBO together will provide a better web filter