Last updated
Mar 4, 2022
How it's used?
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time security
Bitdefender Premium Security 2022
Includes: Bitdefender Total Security
Bitdefender VPN, Bitdefender Password Manager and Bitdefender Parental Controls
Firewall security
About custom security
Bitdefender
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Dashlane
Authenticator
IDM Intergration Module
uBlock Orgin
Secure DNS
None
Desktop VPN
Freedome, ClearVPN and Bitdefender VPN
Password manager
Dashlane
Maintenance tools
Glary Utilities
File and Photo backup
Google Drive
System recovery
💻Windows Recovery
Google Drive
Risk factors
    • Working from home
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
Dell Optiplex 7020
Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.30Ghz
Intel HD Graphics
4GB
500GB
Notable changes
Installed Windows 10
Uninstalled Glasswire
Reinstalled Glasswire
System Restored the System because Comodo Firewall was not letting me to login
Installed Comodo Firewall
Installed Trend Micro
Uninstalled Norton
Installed Glasswire
Installed Hitman Pro
Installed AdwCleaner
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I confirm what @harlan4096 says, Windows 7 is no longer supported, although a patch exists to maintain until 2023.

Even if you have an excellent Antivirus (which is Norton), security flaws are exploited every day by hackers on vulnerable systems.
An Antivirus can't counter everything.

I could have recommended you Ubuntu which is a Linux system, but you need to know a little bit about Linux because on an Optiplex , few Windows systems can be installed because of the age of the computer.

JamieTech

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 2, 2021
I am using the ESU Patch so i can stay secure
I confirm what @harlan4096 says, Windows 7 is no longer supported, although a patch exists to maintain until 2023.

Even if you have an excellent Antivirus (which is Norton), security flaws are exploited every day by hackers on vulnerable systems.
An Antivirus can't counter everything.

I could have recommended you Ubuntu which is a Linux system, but you need to know a little bit about Linux because on an Optiplex , few Windows systems can be installed because of the age of the computer.

JamieTech

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 2, 2021
I don't have a External Drive so i can just save it on google drive. I just need the Password Written down just incase i am on a New Windows Installed
Even with all the updates, W7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, so any unsupported OS will be tagged as Danger.

In Device recovery & backup, do You have a full system image backup saved in an external device?

Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: harlan4096

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I am using the ESU Patch so i can stay secure
Just considering: ESU patches won't be available forever, so in the near future you have to choose a more up-to-date OS anyway. Makes no sense to stay on W7 ;)
Not to mention, what about hardware drivers, sooner or later you will run into serious issues like your machine won't work as before or can't boot anymore...

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Someone in another forum successfully used Windows XP and stayed secure, malware free, up until sometime last year when one or more of the programs he used, I think it was the web browser, no longer supported XP, so he had to drop it. You are probably fine using Windows 7 for a few more years as long as you are computer-savvy enough to keep it secured with 3rd-party programs and you practice safe hex with common sense. Assuming you are using Comodo firewall free, it can be configured into a powerful fortress against typical modern exploits, analogous to Fort Knox within ADX Florence prison :)

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.