Java update fails after install bitdefender IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

breathejustice

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
My current java version is 8.45 (32bit), and I use windows 7 64bit enterprise.

My java update failed when I was trying to update.
The error code is 1603.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Uninstall java with GeekUninstaller with it's left over, use ccleaner to clean trash & try to download new version of java & run it. R u sure bitdefender is not blocking the update?

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Yeah this can happen if you tinker with opions best left to advance-ish users.

But against try adding this to the an exclusion list too. You've probably touched the wrong thing in Bitdefender where you now have to individually allow each or certain installs.

Last edited:

breathejustice

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
Uninstall java with GeekUninstaller with it's left over, use ccleaner to clean trash & try to download new version of java & run it. R u sure bitdefender is not blocking the update?
Firewall for updating java may be allowed because there is not denied process in bitdefender firewall rules.
Uninstalling may not be a good solution, because there may be possibility that Java cannot be re-installed after uninstalling.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Once again try disabling BIS,try the offline installer,make sure it is an .msi installer and not the .exe, or see this video

Reactions: Koroke San

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
check if this window update KB2918614 is installed in ur system. If it's, uninstall it & try to update again.

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Oops sorry. Doesn't quite work like that... not an advanced user myself. Ok download the Java updater to your computer (it allows you to do this), then go to exclusions in Bitdefender and then browse to the Java updater file on your computer

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I don't think java has msi installer now.
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
It has only exe offline installer.
Personally I would uninstall Bitdefender and try another security program. Not that BIS is bad but it seems to be causing you one problem after another.IMO a good AV/Security Suite will not conflict with OS updates,software updates or cause BSOD's right out of the box.From time to time there might be a minor conflict or bug on new version releases but it seems to me Bitdefender has you in an alligator death roll :D

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Now see if it'll install after you do this (if you haven't tried this already)...

Defender.png

Whoops missed the got it working part. Sorry.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Allow certain rules/manual in the firewall of Bitdefender if you use online installer.

That's the basic reminder for most software installer, to avoid conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.