jelson's Win7 machine <in progress>

jelson

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Configuring this machine right now.

Have licenses for Kaspersky Pure 3 (probably will downgrade to KIS) & Webroot IS & AppGuard.

Currently considering running all 3, but unsure which to install first and how to configure KIS & Webroot to play nice together.

I know Umbra used to have Kaspersky & Webroot working well togehter, but that was before Webroot dumbed down its interface.

Suggestions, advice...? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Logethica

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I like Kaspersky Pure by itself or WSA & AppGuard.Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: jelson

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Advanced knowledge means you can stay safe with a more simple config.
I would personally stick just with kaspersky instead of a multi-layer combo that could make your pc heavier :)

Reactions: jelson

jelson

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Thanks for the replies guys.
Take yall's advice and go with KIS on my desktop and use Webroot & Appguard on the Core2 Duo laptop.

Much obliged. :D

Reactions: vrb93

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.