Jetico Firewall v2.1.0.12

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
Between the last build which was released in 2010 and the 1 month old released build, only change was: Optimized/Compatibility for Windows 8.

Has anyone got any comments on this Firewall?

I have only briefly touched this back in Sygate and Kerio Firewall days.

For those who are not sure, it has been around since for quite some time but never had major releases constantly. I believe for 6 years that is in version 2 (unable to know what happened prior to 2006's version 2 release).

Link

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Wow,havent heard that name in a very long time.I tried it a long time ago when Eset Nod32 antivirus was still in version 2 pre-Smart securityAt the time I was using Eset Nod32 Antivirus with zone alarm firewall.Many were talking about Jetico.I tried it for a while but went back to zone alarm.At that time it really taxed my system and even with tweaking, it didnt play well with Nod32.I could not tell you what version it was on then but never really impressed me.Their website looks a lot nicer now

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It used to be popular when it first come out and was freeware. After version 2.0 was released they made it a paid product. They abandoned the freeware version in 2006 and no longer keep it updated. It only supports Windows 2000 and XP.

$39.95 one year subscription for a firewall is too pricy when they are so many freeware options available. The product is in very slow development, it has been around since 2004 and still on version 2.1. It goes sometimes for 3 years without one single update. So you could buy 3 subscriptions and not get one single update. No wonder why it is not popular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetico_Firewall

Thanks.:D

P

Plexx

Thread author
I honestly couldn't remember much about Jetico, despite being a paid user of Sygate and then eventually moving to freeware.

Thanks for the insight Littlebits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.